Has anyone migrated from UltraBB before

hi

I currently have a board on an UltraBB forum software site. Has anyone successfully migrated their forum over onto XenForo before.

If so, we're there any major issues encountered.

Many thanks

Tom.

If you can let me know what you can offer. I'll run it past my techy buddy. Bandwidth / storage etc. Any hosting would need to be able to support UltraBB initially to let me move over before migrating my software to Xenforo.

I am IT thick so please bear with me. If any initial offer sounds suitable, I'd get my mate to act as first point of contact when any move goes ahead as he works in IT and is better advised.

I'll look forward to hearing what you can do and maybe a walk through the main parts of the process to allow me to work out a programme of events as far as outages on my current forum would work.

Many thanks

Toto

If you can let me know what you can offer. I'll run it past my techy buddy. Bandwidth / storage etc. Any hosting would need to be able to support UltraBB initially to let me move over before migrating my software to Xenforo.

I am IT thick so please bear with me. If any initial offer sounds suitable, I'd get my mate to act as first point of contact when any move goes ahead as he works in IT and is better advised.

I'll look forward to hearing what you can do and maybe a walk through the main parts of the process to allow me to work out a programme of events as far as outages on my current forum would work.

Many thanks

Toto

I'll have time on Friday evening so i could do this work.

Please pm me your budget and your time frame.

Hi I'm Paul, I have been be helping Tom with his forum, and was wondering what the steps would be in migrating the forum from UltraBB to the Xenforo platform.
Is it a direct migration or will we need to use intermediate stages.

I usually get the job of translating the IT stuff into sentences Tom can understand :)

Paul

Thank you ugurkn but I need to sort out a host and get my head around things first. There are a few perimeters that I need to secure first before I'll be ready for any move. This is my first move from my original host and first change in software and I want to make sure it's the right one to try and ensure that its the last move so I can concentrate on my forum and not on the background stuff.

Cheer

Toto

Hey ..... I thought you were sleeping as well. :D If you could explain the current situation with our current host and give an idea of the expansion I am looking for it may be a good starter for ten. :D. My ideal scenario would be to sort out a new host with the package that suits, purchase XenForo software and load, move current software over to new host then migrate from one to the other. ...... In simple terms. Ideally spend some time getting the Xenforo software sorted to match the current format of my UltraBB with a few changes to the skin and features prior to moving over. Now Paul ........ Translate that into IT speak.

Toto

If I were to buy say the licence and the gallery for example, could I decide to take up the set up on the host option later if I decided that I wanted it. If so, would I still get it at the same price ? If these were bought now, I could have the set up done with my chosen host / server at my own pace ?

I am busy considering my options at the moment with regards to hosts and set up.

cheers

toto

Top Bottom