hard to get likes now days

Do what one member does on here. Gets his friends to like every post he makes. Even though the majority of them are garbage.
I tried this, but ajnos didn't wanted to like all of them:(
badteeth.gif

I tried this, but ajnos didn't wanted to like all of them:(
badteeth.gif

Nobody really cares about the like count, only a select few that feel they have to be cherished, cradled for the little wasted time they put into their posts/content, but wish to reap rewards in the way of likes, loves, thumbsup etc and so forth. Either way, it doesn't matter, it shouldn't matter to them but yet it does.

I don't know, it feels fine since I have been laughing my arse off since I made that last post, been at least half an hour of straight laughing, thanks for leaving Kier open like that, keep up the great work !!

PS: I have about 6 'Olde English Malt Liquors' down so far since I have been outside putting a roof on a building all day, so that might be the motive for all this laughing !!

Nobody really cares about the like count, only a select few that feel they have to be cherished, cradled for the little wasted time they put into their posts/content, but wish to reap rewards in the way of likes, loves, thumbsup etc and so forth. Either way, it doesn't matter, it shouldn't matter to them but yet it does.

I think this is very much your opinion, That someone brings up the issue does not mean they want to be "cherished" as you say, also if you have a problem with this post yo have to have also a problem with 95% of the posts on this off topic forum. I was just randomly talking,.... garbage if you will.. why... because I can, and thought would be nice to have a conversation to get to know more people around here even if it was random. But apparently only things that matter to you, are important. Isn't this what this is for?... though it does matter, if it didn't, why in the hell is in the software, and why do people use it?, So I get your perception of it, but it is just that your opinion. I think it is a neat feature. I don't really care either for it as a "must have", but just think that bashing people who likes it is not good either. Just a sayin.. as Peg would say.. :).

I think this is very much your opinion, That someone brings up the issue does not mean they want to be "cherished" as you say, also if you have a problem with this post yo have to have also a problem with 95% of the posts on this off topic forum. I was just randomly talking,.... garbage if you will.. why... because I can, and thought would be nice to have a conversation to get to know more people around here even if it was random. But apparently only things that matter to you, are important. Isn't this what this is for?... though it does matter, if it didn't, why in the hell is in the software, and why do people use it?, So I get your perception of it, but it is just that your opinion. I think it is a neat feature. I don't really care either for it as a "must have", but just think that bashing people who likes it is not good either. Just a sayin.. as Peg would say.. :).

It is a neat feature. That wasn't the point I was making but rather the thinking behind it from a few users perspective. Try reading the post next time instead of feeling bashed by it.

Are you inadvertently suggesting a distributed like attack with you as the target ?
Not sure what makes you say that. Also I wouldn't care if I was target, but to answer your question no.

Also, I would like to point out that this was said since the start " This is just something random and offtopic.." so I am not taking the responses seriously obviously, but what Shelly said was literally disrespectful and nothing nice came out of it, it is not big deal, but just wanted to point it out.

. That wasn't the point I was making but rather the thinking behind it from a few users perspective. Try reading the post next time instead of feeling bashed by it.
Try to reading your own post before saying it is not.

Ok I just read-read her post, and what it is there now, was not what was there before, either she changed it, or I am going crazy..
eek.png
(Big probability
biggrin.png
).

I suppose it depends on how seriously you take "likes".

For me, it's a casual thing. I give them for posts I read that I feel are helpful, funny, inspiring, technically in-depth, and any other number of positive and "nice" reasons. I don't discriminate on whom I like, just on the content I like.

Others may see them as something to be coveted and specifically tailor their posting and responses to "maximise" receiving likes, but for me I just post as me, try to be honest and reasonable, and let people take me as they find me. If they "like" what I post, I am grateful for the small 'thank you' that a "like" bestows, if they don't, well, fair enough.

One thing I am absolutely sure of though - a "dislike" option would cause no end of hurt and upset!!!

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I imagine likes may have decreased a little as the feature becomes less new to most people, so only posts that really deserve make people stop and think about the like feature. Either way I 'like' posts that are helpful, amusing, insightful, offer a new or different perspective etc. Who posted it isn't a factor for me.

Ok I just read-read her post, and what it is there now, was not what was there before, either she changed it, or I am going crazy.. :eek: (Big probability :D).

I have not edited my post. A staff member will be able to confirm that. Not sure why you would imply that I changed it.

I imagine likes may have decreased a little as the feature becomes less new to most people, so only posts that really deserve make people stop and think about the like feature. Either way I 'like' posts that are helpful, amusing, insightful, offer a new or different perspective etc. Who posted it isn't a factor for me.
Yeah I guess it gets old after a while..

Infact treasurer. You can see for yourself. You quoted my post which is exact word from word what I said. Again, not sure the agenda behind such claims which are now proved to be false.

I have not edited my post. A staff member will be able to confirm that. Not sure why you would imply that I changed it.
I believe you, no need to get all excited over it.. as I said I am not feeling too well. I been sick since yesterday actually, so I am not surprised If I misread something.. But I could almost swear the paragraph got smaller, but again, as I said, I am just hallucinating .. lol

I believe you, no need to get all excited over it.. as I said I am not feeling too well. I been sick since yesterday actually, so I am not surprised If I misread something.. But I could almost swash the paragrapah got smaller, but again, as I said, I am just hallucinating .. lol

Indeed. Your allowed to make mistakes, it's human. Anyway, the proof is right there and good for future reference before making such claims.

Indeed. Your allowed to make mistakes, it's human. Anyway, the proof is right there and good for future reference before making such claims.
Well I see it.. If I was trying to make you look bad I probably would have edited my own message, but that is not my intentions, as I said I was hallucinating.. and thanks for understanding you are too nice :).

Top Bottom