• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

hard to get likes now days

Fred Sherman

Threw one your way.

Its seems like such a little feature, but they become addicting. xenForo has come up with a tiny little feature that causes us in the back up of our minds how we are perceived by others. I think it makes the forums a bit nicer, more tolerant and more positive.

Edrondol

I'm living proof that the quality of posts have nothing to do with the number of likes one receives. Most of my posts are tongue-in-cheek "jokey" type posts, devoid of anything remotely resembling valuable information.

In fact, most of my likes come from things like "tell a joke" thread or "caption the picture" threads. I give likes when something strikes me the right way or is filled with great information.

Ajaxboy

Oh Yeah on this other forum this girl liked me like 800 times.. and quickly I became the most liked, but the this other guy I don't know what he did and got like even more likes, so yeah I think it can be abused...

dieketzer

I it hard to get likes now days... It seems people don't go on "case by case basis" only for favorites etc..

This is just something random and offtopic..
i am finding the exact opposite.
ppl that would never get 'thanks' on vb are attracting xf 'likes' in an unexpected way.
i think 'like' is more equal-opportunity, perhaps it is interpreted as 'content orientated' rather than 'user orientated'.

Ajaxboy

i am finding the exact opposite.
ppl that would never get 'thanks' on vb are attracting xf 'likes' in an unexpected way.
i think 'like' is more equal-opportunity, perhaps it is interpreted as 'content orientated' rather than 'user orientated'.
This is only generically speaking, it does not apply on all cases.
I think when a forum starts fresh yeah, but after a while, people favors anything a "favorite" person says, while others post as good of a post/content, and get nothing. BTW I am not not VB user. I have used it but never really worked with it so people that come from vb has totally different background and are already familiar with many things, I am like fresh user of xenforo first hand and evaluate the software as such.

Russ

I typically like resources even if I don't end up using them just being it's a great contribution :). Creating a decent style will get you quite a few likes, also don't go to town with likes or you'll end up like AnthonyCea :).

Ajaxboy

I typically like resources even if I don't end up using them just being it's a great contribution :). Creating a decent style will get you quite a few likes, also don't go to town with likes or you'll end up like AnthonyCea :).
I was talking about this forum, on my forum I do get a lot of likes

AnthonyCea

LOL, Kier did that because I was slamming him in a lot of threads that week !!

I guess it goes back to the old saying, 'payback is double fold' !!

I also had a 'you like me I like you' scheme getting ready to launch so I could be at the top of all the glory lists here, Kier found out about it from someone !!

PS: I learned all this by watching clowns on DP conduct this sort of thing over the years !!