XF 1.0 Handling Attachments After Import

TheBigK

I'm wondering how does XF handle attachments imported from a vB Forum. Specifically, my forum has attachments displayed as [attachment ] xyz [/attachment]. When I import posts, the attachments are still linked in the same way as above.

If I click on the link - I get an error page. I don't seem to logically figure out how'd xenforo handle those attachment links? o_O

vB uses [attach]#[/attach]. Those inline attach tags are updated during the import. I have tested this with my own import so I know it works.

What is the error message you get when trying to view an attachment? Maybe your user doesn't have permission to view attachments.

vB uses [attach]#[/attach]. Those inline attach tags are updated during the import. I have tested this with my own import so I know it works.

What is the error message you get when trying to view an attachment? Maybe your user doesn't have permission to view attachments.
Okay, I guess I messed a bit in my test upgrade. I think I'll perform a clean import once again. By the way, do the attachments get affected by vBSEO plugin? (stupid question?).

Top Bottom