• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

halloween style

gerard

I'm looking for a nice Halloween style
I've had IPB board and it was a beautiful style in

so would someone make something for xenforo

I would pay $ 25 for this

screenshot031pp.jpg

Thanks gerard

Very good style, though it is probably best to contact the original author to see if they have any plan to create a xenforo template or are happy with someone cloning the template!

LOL ironic considering that is a very close copy/combination of my IPB Halloween Themes, with a few new graphics tacked on - mine were produced years before that one.

gallery_1_79_477677.jpg

Not sure if I will be doing mine or not tbh, the market for Holiday themes is not quite there yet with Xenforo, there is just not enough "regular" forum owners, most people here are Tech heads and as such not really into the pretty/fun stuff so much.

If there was enough interest I might produce a new one I think, but the prospect of one sale is not enough to entice me personally.

Not sure if I will be doing mine or not tbh, the market for Holiday themes is not quite there yet with Xenforo, there is just not enough "regular" forum owners, most people here are Tech heads and as such not really into the pretty/fun stuff so much.

If there was enough interest I might produce a new one I think, but the prospect of one sale is not enough to entice me personally.
Might as well get a head start and start working on one. Honestly, I would LOVE to dress up my forum a bit...but that's all I want to do, is dress it up. Not a whole new style, just a few things here and there that can be placed on the logo, forum markers and such. Pretty much what Shelley did with the snow, but maybe a little more in depth. Sometimes, simplicity is joy! :)

Might as well get a head start and start working on one. Honestly, I would LOVE to dress up my forum a bit...but that's all I want to do, is dress it up. Not a whole new style, just a few things here and there that can be placed on the logo, forum markers and such. Pretty much what Shelley did with the snow, but maybe a little more in depth. Sometimes, simplicity is joy! :)

Do you mean I should go ahead and create one, or that you are going to do one yourself? :confused:

And yeah, this is pretty much indicative of what I mean, whereas in the IPB world people would just purchase a new Holiday theme, in the current XF world, most people just want simple, and a few changes like the snow at Christmas which Shelley did seem to be enough for the early adopters of XF.

Personally I like to go the whole hog and a few bits and pieces just doesn't work for me :p Like throwing up one lonely Christmas Decoration and calling your house ready for the holidays ;) lol

Do you mean I should go ahead and create one, or that you are going to do one yourself? :confused:
I'm certainly not going to do it myself :p

And yeah, this is pretty much indicative of what I mean, whereas in the IPB world people would just purchase a new Holiday theme, in the current XF world, most people just want simple, and a few changes like the snow at Christmas which Shelley did seem to be enough for the early adopters of XF.

Personally I like to go the whole hog and a few bits and pieces just doesn't work for me :p Like throwing up one lonely Christmas Decoration and calling your house ready for the holidays ;) lol
The thing for me...is that I want to keep my image, but add some fun to it for the holidays...just like what Google does when they change their logo up a bit.

I'm certainly not going to do it myself :p

The thing for me...is that I want to keep my image, but add some fun to it for the holidays...just like what Google does when they change their logo up a bit.

LOL right :p Well I will consider doing one, but I suspect mine will be too full on for what you are after anyway :)

Right now I have 3 Custom Skins in development, so don't really have a lot of spare time, and David and I are not going to be producing our pre-made skins until he has completed the Framework, which is going to be a lot of fun, but is taking some time to do as it is pretty complex.

I totally hear what you are saying, and that is why I said in my first post that most people here currently are technical, and for them simple is the best. :)

Yeah using the helper spans with the snow images was more of a lite touch for the xenforo community forums. it just happened that people liked the subtle visuals and brogan went on to post it so i don't think many people bothered about having a fully decorated style and felt this was enough. I agree with you totally though kim, I think for these celebration occasions a nice graphical style is better rather than minimalistic implementation, especially xmas styles. I may get an xmas style done this year but would really like to see one of yours make it to xf since christmas or more so the styles can be used for a month so it worth putting in the time where Halloween, valentines are one day events and i personally wouldn't bother spending all that time on 1 day event celebrations.

LMAO @ the last sentence. Totally agree. :LOL: (y)

Yeah using the helper spans with the snow images was more of a lite touch for the xenforo community forums. it just happened that people liked the subtle visuals and brogan went on to post it so i don't think many people bothered about having a fully decorated style and felt this was enough. I agree with you totally though kim, I think for these celebration occasions a nice graphical style is better rather than minimalistic implementation, especially xmas styles. I may get an xmas style done this year but would really like to see one of yours make it to xf since christmas or more so the styles can be used for a month so it worth putting in the time where Halloween, valentines are one day events and i personally wouldn't bother spending all that time on 1 day event celebrations.

LMAO @ the last sentence. Totally agree. :LOL: (y)

Your snow was brilliant last Christmas, a very good idea and I really wasn't saying anything negative about it, quite the opposite in fact, just that the current technical bent of peeps here in this early phase of XF means they would prefer the simple things like your snow to my full blown numbers :D hehehe

I just hope that more of us who love the big bold brash totally over the top stuff will wander into XF soon to make it worthwhile doing some of my more OTT skins LOL

You know it's funny Shelley, I resisted doing the Halloween skins for years, hubby kept saying to do them, and customers kept asking for them, but I thought the same as you, that for a one day thing it wasn't worth it.. turns out I was wrong, people love them so much they have them up for the whole month of October, or for at least a week or two, it was always fun to go to someone's forum where they had purchased one, and see the reactions from their members, it really added to the fun community spirit.

Your snow was brilliant last Christmas, a very good idea and I really wasn't saying anything negative about it, quite the opposite in fact, just that the current technical bent of peeps here in this early phase of XF means they would prefer the simple things like your snow to my full blown numbers :D hehehe

I just hope that more of us who love the big bold brash totally over the top stuff will wander into XF soon to make it worthwhile doing some of my more OTT skins LOL

You know it's funny Shelley, I resisted doing the Halloween skins for years, hubby kept saying to do them, and customers kept asking for them, but I thought the same as you, that for a one day thing it wasn't worth it.. turns out I was wrong, people love them so much they have them up for the whole month of October, or for at least a week or two, it was always fun to go to someone's forum where they had purchased one, and see the reactions from their members, it really added to the fun community spirit.

I know you weren't I was more explaining the origin how the snow effect came about. :) I'm definitely doing a lot more this year for an xmas style, flashing lights, the whole nine yards. :D

Oh definitely if your selling Halloween/valentine styles and they are visually appealing as your creations are there's definitely a killing to be made and it's worth doing. I was referring to the likes of free based one day celebration styles and going all out with them spending all that time on them only for them to be used for one day. For me, I don't think it's worthwhile putting in all that effort. If i were to sell styles I'd create the 1 one off celebration day themes without a doubt they are proved to be very popular. ;)

edit: Ps. I'll never go into the styling business though just need to point that out.

Golly, I am thinking I might do a Halloween one after all :p

You've gotten me all excited about it Shelley :p hehehe

Golly, I am thinking I might do a Halloween one after all :p

You've gotten me all excited about it Shelley :p hehehe

I really think you should. 1.1 is just around the corner so now would be a perfect time to start a celebration style, now really meaning after 1.1 is released. Out of curiosity Kim, how long does it take you to design and code up all those styles? Obviously it'll be less time consuming with xenforo but more referring to ipb styles you made. And will you be starting afresh with the imagery on your xenforo styles? or use some, all, none of the imagery from the ipb styles?

I really think you should. 1.1 is just around the corner so now would be a perfect time to start a celebration style, now really meaning after 1.1 is released. Out of curiosity Kim, how long does it take you to design and code up all those styles? Obviously it'll be less time consuming with xenforo but more referring to ipb styles you made. And will you be starting afresh with the imagery on your xenforo styles? or use some, all, none of the imagery from the ipb styles?

Yeah I have been kind of holding off until 1.1, that and our framework that Forsaken is building, but that is taking a while.

If I do one (too late now for Halloween I think) for Christmas or whatever, I think I will do a whole new design. Whilst I love my old designs for christmas, and they were huge sellers in the IPB world, they are too compromised with people copying them, and I would prefer something new and fresh.

Top Bottom