• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

halloween style

lets try it. Can you post a beta to test?

If you are talking to me.. No I can't.

This is not going to be a free skin for one thing, and I know there will be issues with it due to the underlying software changes.

Right now my priority is just finishing it ;)

Well, I appreciate your hard work, so don't take this wrong. Our board wouldn't be able to purchase a skin that we would use one day out of the year. I may just throw some cheesy pumpkins up in the header for Halloween. Wont be as nice, but it's more practical for a non-profit board. If times were better, I'd gladly donate for your time-you certainly deserve it. You create some pretty awesome stuff.

Thanks nonetheless for your efforts...still curious to get a look at it!

Well, I appreciate your hard work, so don't take this wrong. Our board wouldn't be able to purchase a skin that we would use one day out of the year. I may just throw some cheesy pumpkins up in the header for Halloween. Wont be as nice, but it's more practical for a non-profit board. If times were better, I'd gladly donate for your time-you certainly deserve it. You create some pretty awesome stuff.

Most admins keep the style selectable for the month of the upcoming holiday, and give users the choice to use it or not.

On vB, I did just the opposite. I took a page from Google and would trigger the seasonal skin on the corresponding holiday and make it default, overriding the user choice. Everyone saw it. And they loved how the board changed automatically on certain holidays. In my experience, if you make it selectable, only about 5% will actually go look at it.

The theme will ship with another regular use version without any Halloween bits as well.. but sure if it is not for your board, that's fine ;) As Forsaken said most people put the theme up for a few weeks around whichever holiday it is, and my holiday themes always have a normal skin that ships with it.

The theme will ship with another regular use version without any Halloween bits as well.. but sure if it is not for your board, that's fine ;) As Forsaken said most people put the theme up for a few weeks around whichever holiday it is, and my holiday themes always have a normal skin that ships with it.

Cool. I'll certainly take a look. Thanks Kim!

Question: If a person was to buy the styles and XF comes out with a version that breaks it, do you update the style for those that purchased it? Or are we SOL?

Also, do you know if this works with XenPorta?

Question: If a person was to buy the styles and XF comes out with a version that breaks it, do you update the style for those that purchased it? Or are we SOL?

All of our styles come with 12 months of upgrades, so if XF does a new version which breaks our style, we fix it within that 12months, after which you will have to re-purchase the style to gain upgraded versions.

HTH :)

Top Bottom