[HA] XFRM Resources Layout

[HA] XFRM Resources Layout 1.0.5

No permission to download

Dadparvar

Dadparvar submitted a new resource:

[HA] XFRM Resources Layout - Easily change the layout of Resources list in XFRM

Hi,

With this add-on, you can show XFRM Resources in different way way.

New Layouts:
  • Resource Manager's Index Page
    • Default (Doesn't change anything. It will remain as List View)
    • Grid View
    • Coming soon...
  • Resource Manager's Category Page (NOT YET IMPLEMENTED)
    • Default (Doesn't change anything. It will remain as List View)
    • Coming soon......

Read more about this resource...

Great job, nicely done (y)

Few suggestions for next update
  • Masonry layout option.
  • Display title in container should be displayed in at least 2 lines before trimmed.
  • Display Tagline in thumbnail container should not be trimmed and use normal font size.

• Display title in container should be displayed in at least 2 lines before trimmed.
  • Display Tagline in thumbnail container should not be trimmed and use normal font size.
Easily remove the part of code from its style properties to get rid of trimming ;) You can see it in style properties of title and description.

Masonry layout option.
You may contact me in xen-pro about it if you need it

Hello.

A Question:
The ressouce thumb ist now bigger with grid view - thats great.
But what can I do now to make it mor sharp? It looks at the moment, like only scaled up...

Edit: an a second one
Its possible to set for one ressource category the grid and for another one the list view? If not, that would be a great suggestion. ;)

Regards

Hello.

A Question:
But what can I do now to make it mor sharp? It looks at the moment, like only scaled up...

Its possible to set for one ressource category the grid and for another one the list view? If not, that would be a great suggestion. ;)

Regards
I think RM saves the icon of resource in 96px. It doesn't resize it with css. it change the size of file to 96px. So if you decide to display it bigger, it will decrease the quality.

I added some style properties to make it blur to be displayed with effect:
blur.webp
(see how one of customers is using blur effect to display it nicely)

anyway, I'm not sure, but MAYBE I add extending RM to save the icon in bigger size (maybe 250px) => MAYBE
but even if I do that, because currently uploaded icons of all your resources is cropped to 96px, you will need to reupload them so that it saves the big image for them.
(@Chris D if I'm wrong and RM is saving original size of icon somewhere, please correct me. Thanks)

Next...
A option to not display the rating stars would be fine, or a way to reduce there size. If the grid ressource container shrink (resolution change) the thumbnail shrinks, but the stars looks not so good - to big than.

I think RM saves the icon of resource in 96px. It doesn't resize it with css. it change the size of file to 96px. So if you decide to display it bigger, it will decrease the quality.
Ok, then I have to set more ressources per row, to become a sharper view of them. On Full-HD desktop are 4 ressources per row over 200x200 px in size displayed. So, when I change that to display 10 ressources at full view, it looks much better.

anyway, I'm not sure, but MAYBE I add extending RM to save the icon in bigger size (maybe 250px) => MAYBE
but even if I do that, because currently uploaded icons of all your resources is cropped to 96px, you will need to reupload them so that it saves the big image for them.
(@Chris D if I'm wrong and RM is saving original size of icon somewhere, please correct me. Thanks)
It exist no way (ACP > Tools eg ?) to rebuild the ressource thumbnails? If so, that will be a issue from Xen RM. But a option for bigger thumbs would be a good idea for your nice addon. :)

Hi there,
Is the addon supported bu XF 1.4 ?
didn't test it. But it may give an error log while installing and that is because a code is used in templates that came to XF since 1.5.9. (you may test it on local and let us know the result. I don't think I be able to test it these days, but if I do it sooner than you, I'll share the result. Anyone else also if tested, will be appreciated if they share their experience too)

Nice one ..

Can you add option to diplay resources price in the in the same raw with resources date

Hello.

A Question:

Regards

Check this and you'll find solution

Thanks for this great addon. I installed on my site but found the price on grid didn't work. Any suggestion?
XenForo 1.5.13
RM 1.2.4
You mean you check it but it doesn't show the price on grid?
Does the resource have a price set?
I'll check it when I get back to home.
But if you pm me admin access to check it on your site, that will help more.

You mean you check it but it doesn't show the price on grid?
Does the resource have a price set?
I'll check it when I get back to home.
But if you pm me admin access to check it on your site, that will help more.

Sorry I was out of the town and just came back. We set the price already and it didn't show up in the grid layout

Top Bottom