[HA] Site Tour and Hint

[HA] Site Tour and Hint [Paid] 3.2.6

No permission to buy ($49.99)
Please add screenshots of all options.
It's not responsive. This is how it looks on my phone
Indeed, not great on mobiles or fully optimised. A shame as this has serious potential! An excellent add-on which will prove to be so useful..
I'll hang back and watch to see if it gets updated and fully responsive.
Still not responsive?
Same I want this, but have to have it responsive (fully) - until then we have to hold back sadly... it's a remarkable add-on and we need it, but yeah have to have responsiveness... (working) :confused:
Yes he is aware as I contacted him personally about it. It's only when you view the tour on a mobile phone, the next and back tabs are cut off due to the responsiveness issues.
Hopefully it will all be addressed. :)

All reported problems are fixed in version 3.0.0.
Also new things been added.
See the list of updates to know more: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ha-site-tour-and-hint.5108/update?update=19672

For those of you had problem purchasing this add-on from Sellfy:
Problem is fixed. It was because of the currency which I used in Sellfy that was not in my paypal accepted currencies. Now you can purchase.
Also The price decreased for 4$ (just to round it :D)

Checked out the demo for the first time today and I'm having trouble understanding it when viewed on mobile. Has responsiveness on mobile been fully addressed? I'd love to get this for the forum but we're heavily mobile dependent.

Checked out the demo for the first time today and I'm having trouble understanding it when viewed on mobile. Has responsiveness on mobile been fully addressed? I'd love to get this for the forum but we're heavily mobile dependent.
Neither me nor none of customers so far seen any problem with being mobile friendly and responsive.
If you have any question, let me know it so that I explain it (preferely show me what you are reffering by screenshot, if possible)

Neither me nor none of customers so far seen any problem with being mobile friendly and responsive.
If you have any question, let me know it so that I explain it (preferely show me what you are reffering by screenshot, if possible)
Sure. These are screenshots for every step on the tour from the demo site. I have no idea what the heck any of these boxes are referencing.

image.webp

image.webp

image.webp

image.webp

image.webp

Aha,

In mobile, because we have less spaces, so the tour won't be displayed in 4 sides of element and it will be displayed ON then element.

But in desktop or tablet and ... tour will be displayed as normal, in one side of element (it choose the best side if you set it to auto in add-on's option. Otherwise you can set the side. It support 4 sides.)

Anyway you can choose in add-on's options to display the tour on mobile again on any side you want. Although I don't suggest it.

(the way it now works is the only logical way we could get it. I discussed a lot with its library's developer about it to find a way)

Aha,

In mobile, because we have less spaces, so the tour won't be displayed in 4 sides of element and it will be displayed ON then element.

But in desktop or tablet and ... tour will be displayed as normal, in one side of element (it choose the best side if you set it to auto in add-on's option. Otherwise you can set the side. It support 4 sides.)

Anyway you can choose in add-on's options to display the tour on mobile again on any side you want. Although I don't suggest it.

(the way it now works is the only logical way we could get it. I discussed a lot with its library's developer about it to find a way)
i understand that the space is restricted but it has to be more than a popup box. need some arrows or direction or something to let people on phones know what those notification boxes are referencing. is it on top of the box? the bottom? behind it? if you were completely unfamiliar with it you'd have no idea what you were looking at.

i understand that the space is restricted but it has to be more than a popup box. need some arrows or direction or something to let people on phones know what those notification boxes are referencing. is it on top of the box? the bottom? behind it? if you were completely unfamiliar with it you'd have no idea what you were looking at.
I'll play with it to find a good way to make it more clear for newbie. Hope to find the best way. (currently I'm working on a new needed add-on. So, maybe it takes a few days to back to tour add-on for new version. Anyway, today is the last day of its discount as Ramadan is finished)

Thanks for your suggestion.

I'll play with it to find a good way to make it more clear for newbie. Hope to find the best way. (currently I'm working on a new needed add-on. So, maybe it takes a few days to back to tour add-on for new version. Anyway, today is the last day of its discount as Ramadan is finished)

Thanks for your suggestion.
no problem. i'll keep an eye out for the improvements.

Are addons like AMS, social groups, XFMG, XFRM, etc supported?
All are supported.
Because it uses class or/and id of elements to set the tour on hint for them.
So, anything that has a class or id will be able to have tour or hint.
In fact you need elements css selector. That almost everything has.

I'm curious if it is possible to implement multiple instanced tours? This add-on could be quite invaluable with the ability to add multiple tours separate from each other. As it stands, it seems like you can only add steps to the initial tour. For example, tour A with steps 1, 2, 3 then tour B with steps 1, 2, 3 (different). Unless I am missing something, only tour A can be configured and that is it.

Adding multiple and separate tours might be outside the scope of the addon, but I thought I'd ask. "Unlimited" tours in the overview description seems to imply more than one tour, not one tour with infinite steps.

I'm curious if it is possible to implement multiple instanced tours? This add-on could be quite invaluable with the ability to add multiple tours separate from each other. As it stands, it seems like you can only add steps to the initial tour. For example, tour A with steps 1, 2, 3 then tour B with steps 1, 2, 3 (different). Unless I am missing something, only tour A can be configured and that is it.

Adding multiple and separate tours might be outside the scope of the addon, but I thought I'd ask. "Unlimited" tours in the overview description seems to imply more than one tour, not one tour with infinite steps.
Can you explain what is the usage of that kind of tour? and more importantly, can you let me know a site that is using such a tour? I want to see if anyone ever used such tour and if it is useful or not.

But a good point about my add-on is that, even if you add 200 tours (or hints), they won't be played all in all pages. Just those will be played in a page, that their selector exists in the page. For example imagine you 50 tours, and 10 of them are about different parts of editor (imagine you want to guide users with tours about using editor to post better). Then the user starts the tour in forum list page. Those tours that are related editor won't be played in forum list because we don't have any editor in forum list. (so, in fact it is working smartly) => its the same about hints.

Top Bottom