[HA] Site Tour and Hint

[HA] Site Tour and Hint [Paid] 3.2.6

No permission to buy ($49.99)
While we worked on the UI.X problem (where the problem is the tab-system with the drop down menu-link at the end) the question came up, wether it would be possible to let users start the tour via a link in a welcome-email/conversation. By now the tour-Tab is underlying a href="#" that can´t be used in an eMail/PC. Dadparvar suggested to note this question even here since we assume it´s interesting for other users, too.

Your call, Hamed ;)

While we worked on the UI.X problem (where the problem is the tab-system with the drop down menu-link at the end) the question came up, wether it would be possible to let users start the tour via a link in a welcome-email/conversation. By now the tour-Tab is underlying a href="#" that can´t be used in an eMail/PC. Dadparvar suggested to note this question even here since we assume it´s interesting for other users, too.

Your call, Hamed ;)
As I added this help to main page of options of add-on for next version:
2016-06-25_20-31-47.webp
Anywhere that you be able to use thecode below, you can show the tour button:
Code:
<li class="navTab sitetour PopupClosed">
    <a href="#" class="navLink">Play Tour</a>
</li>

As I added this help to main page of options of add-on for next version:
View attachment 136600
Anywhere that you be able to use thecode below, you can show the tour button:
Code:
<li class="navTab sitetour PopupClosed">
    <a href="#" class="navLink">Play Tour</a>
</li>
Nice! But - if possible - could you provide us with an option to have a complete link to the site tour (the code doesn´t work in mails or PC´s)? That way it would be so much easier to inform new users in a welcome-mail or conversation, too. With Andy´s addon "new users conversation" this would be an awesome package.

With Andy´s addon "new users conversation" this would be an awesome package.
I thinks you can have "new users conversation" without add-on. you have 1.5.8 and xf has it in core.
But - if possible - could you provide us with an option to have a complete link to the site tour? That way it would be so much easier to inform new users in a welcome-mail or conversation, too
I have no idea for that, but if I find a good solution, I'll add it. (can't promise now)

Dadparvar updated [HA] Site Tour with a new update entry:

supporting UI.X styles!

• added support for UI.X styles
  • added an option to be able to hide "play tour" from navbar (for the time you want to place it any other place)
  • added a help to how to show play tour link in other places (for beginners)
I won't support all of their (UI.X) styles fully. I added some codes to fix reported problems from UI.X users, and now it works fine. But you know its impossible to add support of any kind of styles for a little add-on. So, if you see any other problem...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fantastic product with lot of potential.

Can this be used for multiple add-ons for example on your site you have Showcase, products and forum tabs. Can you have sub-links under play tour to show each of these sections?

Also, can this automatically take to next page for example, Submit a thread showing click button and then shows how to add a thread.

Thanks

Can this be used for multiple add-ons for example on your site you have Showcase, products and forum tabs.
Using this add-on, you can create tour for every single part of your site. EVERY SINGLE! no limit.
All add-ons and so, are supported. Because they all have css class and id. And this add-on use class and id to set tour for elements.

Can you have sub-links under play tour to show each of these sections?
You don't need. In each page, those tours will be played that their elements (selectors => ids, classes) are exists in the page.
So, if you create +10000 tours for all over your site, and a user in forum list page plays the tour, just those tours will be played that are exist in the page.

Also, can this automatically take to next page for example, Submit a thread showing click button and then shows how to add a thread.
In this version no. But I have plan to add multi-page tour in future. (plus HINT system which is so popular.)

Man I dont get this add on at all... How do you even know what the message elements are? What is that? where is the liste.. can sombody show me an example on how to get this started? I made a tour and when i click on play it the thing just flashes...

Man I dont get this add on at all... How do you even know what the message elements are? What is that? where is the liste.. can sombody show me an example on how to get this started? I made a tour and when i click on play it the thing just flashes...
Can you please list your questions and problems so that I answer one by one so that you fully use the add-on?

@RAHSTYLES
Anyway, I write a tutorial for according to what I understood from your message:
1. First go to options page of the add-on and un-check the "Auto Play Tour":
2016-06-26_13-10-25.webp

2. Then go to "Manage Tours" page and start creating as many tours as you need, or use the list of tours you created to edit or delete them:
2016-06-26_13-11-32.webp

3. In creating a tour page, all the things are clear. Just maybe some people ask "what we should write in Element Identifier field"? The answer is: Its the selector. You should write the name of "Class" or "ID" of the element in page that you want the tour to be for it.

4. And then maybe some people ask "How we can know what is the "Class" or "ID" of an element on the page? The answer is: Easiest way is to use "Inspect" tool in browser. For example, when you are visiting the page using google chrome, right click on the element you want and choose "Inspect". and play a little around the codes to find the class or id of the element you want. I just created a video for you. You can watch it to see how exactly you can set a tour for a special element.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you need any more help, then feel free to ask your question here or on support site.

I will buy this add on to test it, but it needs to be responsive if I'm going to use it in the future. :(
View attachment 136720
Woah, note to all, does not work with Flat Awesome by PixelExit. :(

PM sent @Dadparvar!!
Well, I checked it.

Your style (although its not bad) but has bugs. (and custom footer is worse)

Tonight I'll update the Site Tour. This is big update. And I think it will fix the problem of your style (of course you know designer of style should support you with this problem, but I'll try to help you too)

Also with tonight's update add-on will be fully responsive and mobile friendly.

After I updated, install it and see if it fixed the problem or not (I found what causes, if the update fixed it, then God thanks, and if not, I'll try to fix it manually for you.)

I might look into buying this, it would be a good way of explaining all the features I've got on my site - @Dadparvar have you got a demo running anywhere?

I might look into buying this, it would be a good way of explaining all the features I've got on my site - @Dadparvar have you got a demo running anywhere?
You can check it some how on support site!
But its important that now on support site:
  • You don't see Hint system (this will come in tonight's update)
  • You don't see 5 new themes (this will come in tonight's update)
  • You may see some problem with responsiveness or mobile version (that will be fixed in tonight's update)
  • and some new things too ;)
(I don't like to say this (as I totally don't like to talk about price changes!), but if you have plan to purchase, its the best time, because tonight with new things it will be 39.99 GBP => because in fact it will be 2 add-ons in one. But now you can get it with $29.99)

Dadparvar updated [HA] Site Tour and Hint with a new update entry:

Two add-ons in one!

• added hints system (a totally new useful feature)
  • added admin permission to see tour and hint options
  • added 5 new themes (dark - flattener - nassim - nazanin - royal)
  • added admin permission to manage hints
  • added options for hints
  • added missing phrases
  • Now I think its fully responsive and mobile friendly ;)
  • Library upgraded to 2.1.0 version
  • Add-on's name changed to "[HA] Site Tour and Hint"

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom