[HA] Floating Menu

[HA] Floating Menu 1.2.3

No permission to download
Would be really cool to get a Post New Thread button in there with a forum selector, I know it would not be a styling addon any longer but very useful.

Would be really cool to get a Post New Thread button in there with a forum selector, I know it would not be a styling addon any longer but very useful.
Sorry. I'm not going to add that. This is an add-on to let you create your own menu, not an add-on to include pre-defined menu with special features and functionalities.

Sorry. I'm not going to add that. This is an add-on to let you create your own menu, not an add-on to include pre-defined menu with special features and functionalities.

No problem. BTW, you should have an option to disable this on mobile if you don't already have one.

No problem. BTW, you should have an option to disable this on mobile if you don't already have one.
as said in update, option added to let you disable in mobile ;)

anyway, you can get what you want. because in this update i added "Open in Overlay" feature. you just need to create a page to get the forums list (which is out of scope of this add-on. but if you do it yourself, this add-on can open it in overlay)

as said in update, option added to let you disable in mobile ;)

anyway, you can get what you want. because in this update i added "Open in Overlay" feature. you just need to create a page to get the forums list (which is out of scope of this add-on. but if you do it yourself, this add-on can open it in overlay)

Lol, apologies, didn't read the updated text. Great addon. Thanks.

@Dadparvar

Just installed, it's not showing up.

It's looking for this resource /styles/default/dadparvar/pushmenu/css/bootstrap.css which doesn't exist in your package. It's in the wrong directory at least. Looks like you renamed it and forgot to update some links.

Last edited:
dismiss what? you mean a user preference to let anyone enable/disable the menu for themselves?

Both if possible:

a. User can dismiss the quick menu for current session (this would be an extra option on the menu itself that's optional like an X at the top for example)
b. User can enable/disable fully from profile settings

Thanks for this add-on!
I have error when i create and save menu item
Code:
An exception occurred: Call to undefined method XenForo_Helper_Php::safeSerialize() in /home/fotograf/web/macroforum.org/public_html/library/Dadparvar/FloatingMenu/DataWriter/DataWriter.php on line 37

Dadparvar_FloatingMenu_DataWriter_DataWriter->_verifyCriteria() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 981
XenForo_DataWriter->_runVerificationCallback() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 725
XenForo_DataWriter->_isFieldValueValid() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 643
XenForo_DataWriter->set() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 995
XenForo_DataWriter->bulkSet() in Dadparvar/FloatingMenu/ControllerAdmin/ControllerAdmin.php at line 51
Dadparvar_FloatingMenu_ControllerAdmin_ControllerAdmin->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fotograf/web/macroforum.org/public_html/admin.php at line 13

How can i solve this?
Thanks
Antonio

Perfect. Another observation, you should probably expose icon opacity in the style properties as icons appear to default to 0.54.
Customizations can be done by any of you (site owners. as it is easily possible using style properties and extra css)
I see what you say, and it may be good in your case. But no everyone has the same taste. This is why I implemented this menu as untouched and as-is so that anyone be able to customize it in anyway. (personally, I really prefer the way it is now. but anyway, not all sites will look good with same settings. and this is where customizations help)

Customizations can be done by any of you (site owners. as it is easily possible using style properties and extra css)
I see what you say, and it may be good in your case. But no everyone has the same taste. This is why I implemented this menu as untouched and as-is so that anyone be able to customize it in anyway. (personally, I really prefer the way it is now. but anyway, not all sites will look good with same settings. and this is where customizations help)

Fair enough, it's simply that I noticed you had exported a number of style properties already including icon size, colour etc. opacity would be another field but if you don't want to crowd it that's cool, can always do it in extras.

Another suggestion, sorry, just thinking out loud. Would be great to 'filter' the display of this to certain pages and elements (much like widget framework), so you can show the quick menu on forum_list, forum_view, new_posts etc etc but not show it on media, search and other pages. Gives it a little more flexibility.

Top Bottom