Guests able to view albums for members only

trapped_soul

If a guests clicks on the media tab they can see albums for members only.
Basically I have the gallery with some categories for logged in members only to view, one open.
But upon clicking media, when in a different browser and not logged in - I can see members albums.
Many thanks!

This is not something I am seeing, personally.

I have created this album:

View attachment 218398

Which contains this media item:

If I am logged in, I can see the media item on the index, I can see the album in the albums index.

If I am logged out, I can't do any of those things.

So we're going to need more details, or a more consistent reproduction case.
Will get back to you when I am able to with my results & findings.
Nevertheless, I still have manners and will say hi, and thank you for your response. Will get back to you.

I'm not sure I totally understood what you were asking.

Do you mean this option?

1581637456182.webp

That just sets the default value checked when creating an album here:

1581637500926.webp

It doesn't prevent users from choosing a different privacy option.

There is a permission though to prevent users from changing the album privacy, which would essentially make the "Default personal album view privacy" option enforced.

So in this case under not registered;
Usergroups = can view media yes.
MG cat 1-5 = can view media - no
6 = yes
Clicks media now available = sees category 6.
Then clicks media again, sees all albums from members who have their media set under permissions, for albums only show to members logged in.

There are two types of albums. Personal albums (albums that do not exist in a category) and category albums (albums that exist in a category).

For personal albums, the privacy is controlled entirely by the author of the album.

For category albums, the ability to view comes from user/group permissions applied to the category.

If you're only talking about category albums here then you'd need to use "Analyze permssions" and click the "Media category permissions" tab to see if there is any mistakes with setting the permissions up.

There are two types of albums. Personal albums (albums that do not exist in a category) and category albums (albums that exist in a category).

For personal albums, the privacy is controlled entirely by the author of the album.

For category albums, the ability to view comes from user/group permissions applied to the category.

If you're only talking about category albums here then you'd need to use "Analyze permssions" and click the "Media category permissions" tab to see if there is any mistakes with setting the permissions up.
I have "analysed" permissions.
But thank you. I will sort it from here, the permissions etc are fine.
I can see albums when outside of the site.
I will sort it myself, one way or the other.
Thanks anyway..

HI,
Coming back to this, so essentially if a member list their album as view permissions to "everyone", then anyone on the outside can view media yes? There's no global setting from within the ACP or XFMG to manage this?
The best thing I can think of from here is to run a query then to change any that have this enabled and amend the privacy there.

I can see that a good feature to have would be more settings in the gallery batch update options?

HI,

Coming back to this, so essentially if a member list their album as view permissions to "everyone", then anyone on the outside can view media yes? There's no global setting from within the ACP or XFMG to manage this?
The best thing I can think of from here is to run a query then to change any that have this enabled and amend the privacy there.

I can see that a good feature to have would be more settings in the gallery batch update options?
Okay should anyone encounter the same, a simple query will change the view privacy in the table. If members have "Everyone" selected, it will globally show and there is no way to override this.
This way, you can extend the gallery to have an open category for say the public, while having albums hidden - using this too;
There is a permission though to prevent users from changing the album privacy, which would essentially make the "Default personal album view privacy" option enforced.
The query is;
Code:
UPDATE `xf_mg_album` SET `view_privacy` = 'members' WHERE `xf_mg_album`.`view_privacy` = 'public'

If you disable the permission "Change privacy of own album" then any new personal albums created going forward will come from the "Default personal album view privacy" option and they will not be able to change it.

If you want overall control then you probably want to disable personal albums entirely, and that will force album creation to only be possible inside a category of the type "Album" where the view permissions of the album will be tied to the category.

Top Bottom