Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.8.0

No permission to buy ($34.99)
[E_NOTICE] Undefined index: algp_redirect_posts src\addons\AddonsLab\Core\Xf2\Xf2OptionProvider.php:30

I do not have this option here either! -> options/groups/algp_main/ BUT "algp_redirect_immediately"
i use: v 1.7.1

[E_NOTICE] Undefined index: algp_redirect_posts src\addons\AddonsLab\Core\Xf2\Xf2OptionProvider.php:30

I do not have this option here either! -> options/groups/algp_main/ BUT "algp_redirect_immediately"

We are checking the issue right now.

Thank you!

The option seems to be in place:

1588677276532.webp

Please upgrade your installation using the same pacakge, which will give you an option to rebuild data. If you have seen this error only one-two times in the logs and it did not happen after the upgrade, that means the error occurred only during the upgrade, but once the upgrade process was completed it would not happen again.

Please contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3 if you keep seeing the error.

Thank you!

I get a lot of members who post as a guest because, for whatever reason, they're not logged in. For example, somebody signs up and posts their first message. People reply - and then they reply - as a guest - because the text input box is there and they don't know realize they're not logged in.

Would it be possible to place a cookie on the user's computer that since they've registered an account - guest posting isn't an option for them - so that they NEED to log in to post?

I have no idea why people log out anyway - but this would save a lot of confusion as people don't know the original poster is responding when it comes through as a guest post...

I have added a suggestion for you:
Good idea. Thank you!

I'd like to point out that most of the time people don't log out as you've mentioned. What is most likely occurring is someone is browsing your site using a different device or web browser. Apps like Facebook use their own internal browser which doesn't share cookies with chrome or Safari. So if they see a link to your forum on Facebook and click it, they are browsing your site without any cookies at all, that is why they aren't logged in. They would need to close that and reopened the link with their normal browser for the existing cookies to be available. Cookie sharing is a security problem so there won't be a good solution to this. One thing you could do is detect the user agent and perhaps prompt them to open the link in their devices default browser. Not sure if that is possible but its the only thing I can think of.

@Sal Collaziano As pointed out by @doublespaces there are other, most likely more common scenarios of being logged-out, where we don't have any cookies, so putting a permanent cookie for a logged-in user would not be much helpful in this case. It seems a better definitive solution would be using a template modification to warn users, that they are not logged in and are currently posting as a guest.

@Sal Collaziano As pointed out by @doublespaces there are other, most likely more common scenarios of being logged-out, where we don't have any cookies, so putting a permanent cookie for a logged-in user would not be much helpful in this case. It seems a better definitive solution would be using a template modification to warn users, that they are not logged in and are currently posting as a guest.

Perhaps a simple phrase change to:

"Post as Guest"
"Post and Login"

AddonsLab updated Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

XenForo 2.2.x compatability update

This update fixes compatibility with XenForo 2.2.x. Please note, that XenForo 2.2.x includes a feature called "Writing before registration", which in essence replaces the functionality of this add-on. The add-on will automatically de-activate if you activate this XenForo feature, but you can decide to keep using our add-on, as it provides more features than the built-in solution for now.
The new version is available for all licensed customers at
[URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this add-on have the problem of heavy javascript overhead that slows down the web browsing experience as reflected by some users for Write before registration feature in XF2.2?

Does this add-on have the problem of heavy javascript overhead that slows down the web browsing experience as reflected by some users for Write before registration feature in XF2.2?

No, the add-on does not use JavaScript at all.

Top Bottom