XF 1.2 Guest access question.

WCFA

New to the forum switched from SMF, on my old forum guess could only see certain threads I guess you call them nodes here. That was to give intro and joining info etc.
Because we close off the rest of the forum to members only so is why only certian areas can have guest access.

I digress, I am trying to setup XF so a visiting guest not logged in will see two guess boards ( nodes ) only.
I tried limiting the guest to view and then went to permissions and allowed those board.
But still does not show for guest.

I am doing something wrong I am sure.

Thanks

I read those above seems that what I am doing yet the board still can not be seen by guest .
However the boards is allowing guests? according to the allow setting however it does not show.

What do your permissions look like?

In the Unregistered usergroup, set View Nodes to Not Set.

Then in the two guest nodes, set the Unregistered Group 'View Node' to Allow.

That should do the trick (don't use 'Never').

Liam

You haven't set the permissions right then. Are you sure unregistered is set to not set in the main permissions, and then allow in the node permissions?

If the Unregistered group is set to allow for view nodes, then how are you removing their ability to view them? Are you revoking the permission elsewhere?

Liam

So no settings should allow view for guess and then give that one permission ?
I am new less then 24 on the software have not set anything just came here and asked how to do that :)

Top Bottom