Green and Gold Rugby

I thought I'd share the way in which we've used the built in XenForo Trophies to add something unique to my forums.

Instead of plain old user ranks, we've award users the rank of past Australian Rugby captains, of which there are 78. Each captain is assigned to a post range, and the increments increase as you get further along the list.

gagr user rank trophies.webp

Using a few concatenations in Excel I've generated a description of each captain, then loaded these all into the XenForo system.

1400th post alert said:
You have been awarded the rank of Dr John Solomon for making your 1,400th post. Dr John was the Wallabies 38th captain and played at Wing. He was Wallaby #366 and earnt 14 Caps in 1949-1955.

One thing that's started happening is the community start threads when they achieve a rank and have information to add to their rank, here's one that came up today when a user noticed his recently awarded captain was also the doctor who delivered him at birth!

Using this community generated information, I then go back and customise the trophy and add a link to the discussion thread.

Top Bottom