Great, false advertising again. Oh wait, the problem is me, not XenForo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Why is it that every site says the product costs less than it actually does?

If I were to purchase it, $28 would be added on at the end. I mean - tell us at the very beginning! What if I had the $140 ready immediately, and then I discovered I couldn't get it when I really wanted it, and I thought I was going to be getting it then?

$28 is around £20. I mean, thats an awful lot, when you think I'm already going to have to have around £100 for the product in the first place!

Update the site to show the actual cost, please.

Why is it that every site says the product costs less than it actually does?

If I were to purchase it, $28 would be added on at the end. I mean - tell us at the very beginning! What if I had the $140 ready immediately, and then I discovered I couldn't get it when I really wanted it, and I thought I was going to be getting it then?

$28 is around £20. I mean, thats an awful lot, when you think I'm already going to have to have around £100 for the product in the first place!

Update the site to show the actual cost, please.

I believe that is the VAT charge. You are informed of the VAT charge being applied right under the Add License to Your Cart button.

I believe that is the VAT charge. You are informed of the VAT charge being applied right under the Add License to Your Cart button.

But why is there a VAT charge. It's so unfair, especially as it only applies to people in the EU = SUPER UNFAIR. Everyone should pay the same price.

But why is there a VAT charge. It's so unfair, especially as it only applies to people in the EU = SUPER UNFAIR. Everyone should pay the same price.
Not XenForo's fault. You'll have to speak to the respective governments of the countries that charge VAT about that. I'm in the UK, myself, so I feel your pain truly, but because I'm in the UK I'm aware that 90% of the things I purchase online are going to have an additional 20% whacked onto the price.

Why couldn't they have left it at 15% :( (That would've been a $7 saving)

Still, now I'm going to have to find an extra £20 when I do sell my vBulletin (which is proving tricky :()

Also, why don't other countries have VAT?

Also, isn't xenForo UK based, if so why are the costs in USD.... (Or have I got that completely wrong?)

Why couldn't they have left it at 15% :( (That would've been a $7 saving)

Still, now I'm going to have to find an extra £20 when I do sell my vBulletin (which is proving tricky :()

Also, why don't other countries have VAT?

Also, isn't xenForo UK based, if so why are the costs in USD.... (Or have I got that completely wrong?)

That's just the way it is and something we have to live with, unfortunately. It's out of xenforo's control so I feel the title is a little misleading to say the least as they are not guilty of false advertising imo.

That's just the way it is and something we have to live with, unfortunately. It's out of xenforo's control so I feel the title is a little misleading to say the least as they are not guilty of false advertising imo.

That would depend on what you believe, and unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to edit thread titles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom