Great, false advertising again. Oh wait, the problem is me, not XenForo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Why is it that every site says the product costs less than it actually does?

If I were to purchase it, $28 would be added on at the end. I mean - tell us at the very beginning! What if I had the $140 ready immediately, and then I discovered I couldn't get it when I really wanted it, and I thought I was going to be getting it then?

$28 is around £20. I mean, thats an awful lot, when you think I'm already going to have to have around £100 for the product in the first place!

Update the site to show the actual cost, please.

That's just the way it is and something we have to live with, unfortunately. It's out of xenforo's control so I feel the title is a little misleading to say the least as they are not guilty of false advertising imo.
He just wanted a swift answer that's all. See how we all came out guns blazing cause of the misleading title right? :laugh:

I believe that is because XF is aiming for international customers, not limited to UK only. :)

So why USD? Are you saying most countries use USD? Because I don't think that's true.

I just thought of something else, I'll have to pay a comission to my bank, oh wait - they use paypal right? I can use their conversion system. *few*.

He just wanted a swift answer that's all. See how we all came out guns blazing cause of the misleading title right? :LOL:

Well, it wasn't my intention, but still, it happened ;)

Reactions: DRE

If I were to purchase it, $28 would be added on at the end. I mean - tell us at the very beginning! What if I had the $140 ready immediately, and then I discovered I couldn't get it when I really wanted it, and I thought I was going to be getting it then?

$28 is around £20. I mean, thats an awful lot, when you think I'm already going to have to have around £100 for the product in the first place!

Is this your first time ever buying anything online? most places are Ex VAT. oh I would buy it before are VAT goes to 25% not 20% >.>

1) Failure to read the entire page does not constitute false advertising.
2) Failure to read the entire page and do your own figuring is not XenForo's fault.
3) Failure to read the entire page and making stupid accusations is, well, stupid.

Is this your first time ever buying anything online? most places are Ex VAT. oh I would buy it before are VAT goes to 25% not 20% >.>

Oh come on, they wouldn't do that surely :/

And no, I did buy vBulletin. And yes, I did make a thread like this on their forum as well (however, they didn't make is as obvious).

1) Failure to read the entire page does not constitute false advertising.
2) Failure to read the entire page and do your own figuring is not XenForo's fault.
3) Failure to read the entire page and making stupid accusations is, well, stupid.

And calling someone stupid should be against the rules.

Also, like I said - it should be obvious, and fair.

He just wanted a swift answer that's all. See how we all came out guns blazing cause of the misleading title right? :LOL:

I'm just responding. No guns out here. :D

It's a pain I admit (I recently just put 2 years worth of updates on my license) when i purchased the RM so I understand Liam's frustration but it is something some of us have to live with and out of xenforo's control.

People my age don't tend to read the news (or understand politics or stuff like that).
I was reading the news at about 14! stay of them dirty mags and read what's going on the world :D it will give you some nightmares for sure! anyway back on topic. Ex Vat is not false advertising one bit!

I was reading the news at about 14! stay of them dirty mags and read what's going on the world :D it will give you some nightmares for sure! anyway back on topic. Ex Vat is not false advertising one bit!

It is if it's not as obvious as it could be. And it could be more obvious.

(Namely, have a site for EU customers that automatically edit costs, and one for other people).

Beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom