Got this error. Now no access to Forum

BGL

Anyone know what this error means and how to fix it?
  1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 553
  3. XenForo_Application->loadDb()
  4. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 780
  5. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 810
  6. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1098
  7. XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Error.php at line 47
  8. XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 295
  9. XenForo_Application::handleException()

You forgot the actual error message:

An exception occurred: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ' (111) in /.../htdocs/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333

I replied to your PM. It's a failed MySQL connection. Maybe the server crashed. A restart might fix it.

Or it could be incorrect MySQL info in your library/config.php file, but I'm assuming you haven't changed that.

OT but what reasons would someone running xenforo choose to deploy a Windows based server?

Simple answer, at least for us, we provide other services that can't run on a linux box. XF runs fine on Windows, how well it runs depends on the person administrating the box.

Simple answer, at least for us, we provide other services that can't run on a linux box. XF runs fine on Windows, how well it runs depends on the person administrating the box.

Thanks. I'm just curious since I've never been inside a windows server. What do you run on it that you can't on Linux? Things like Sharepoint?

Thanks. I'm just curious since I've never been inside a windows server. What do you run on it that you can't on Linux? Things like Sharepoint?

Yes, things like SharePoint, Exchange and other integrated ASP applications that are tied into other systems and require Active Directory authentication.

Top Bottom