1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 An exception occurred: Access denied for user

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Itworx4me, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Itworx4me

Itworx4me Well-Known Member

My host had to do an emergency evacuation of my server to a new server. After they transferred the site I get this error message:

Code:
    An exception occurred: Access denied for user 'xxxxxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 553
    XenForo_Application->loadDb()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 780
    XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 810
    XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1098
    XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Error.php at line 47
    XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 295
    XenForo_Application::handleException()
    I have checked all the passwords and they are correct. Just don't know what to look for next.

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,
    Itworx4me

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check that the details in library/config.php match the database details.

3. Itworx4me

I have checked them over and over... Still no luck in finding out what is causing the issue...

4. Itworx4me

Is there setting in the phpinfo that didn't get configured in the new server?? To cause this issue?

5. Itworx4me

I ran the xenforo requirements and passed

6. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

It's saying that the database username or password is incorrect, check them thoroughly :)

Is the username and server correct as well?

Liam

7. Itworx4me

Ended up being a bad mysql user name. Something went screwing in the transfer. Deleting the user and creating a new one fixed the problem. ;)

8. doublespaces

doublespaces Member

Using DirectAdmin, since it isn't clear, while importing a database, you need to use the MySQL username, not your current, DA Session username.