XF 1.3 Got error 28 from storage engine

hterrag

Mysqli statement execute error : Got error 28 from storage engine
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  4. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Conversation.php at line 116
  5. XenForo_Model_Conversation->getConversationRecipients() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 311
  6. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
I've searched and found some said to delete the contents of /tmp and I did that but the problem still persists.

How can I fix this?

Last edited:
An error 28 typically means that there is not enough free space.
Are you running on a VPS or shared hosting (I'm going to assume a VPS/dedi if you have access to the /tmp directory).
You need to check to see how much free space you have. Simply log in via SSH and issue df -h and it should tell you if you are nearing your storage capacity. /tmp is just one place that can be cleaned up... but if you have done that and your free space is still low then you either need to increase your capacity or start removing files that are not needed that you may be storing (spare backups, etc).

Top Bottom