Google loves XenForo's Resource Manager

There's nothing that surprising here, actually.

The RM pages have a decently high signal to noise ratio (like the rest of XF, really), and the notion that Google can, shock horror, examine the page contents to find something specifically identified in the source as a rating value... should not be a surprise to anyone here.

So google picks up on Resources easily and lists them. WONDERFUL
Bodes well for my RMA.

Well yes... there is of course that....

But I think the key point being that Google recognizes the rating system in the resource manager and adds the stars to match (Google's own stars that they use for their various rating system)

So now you can see the rating even via a Google search ;)

the notion that Google can, shock horror, examine the page contents to find something specifically identified in the source as a rating value... should not be a surprise to anyone here.
No but it's wise not to take for granted with google, so this is welcome confirmation.

Interesting, wonder what the specific criteria would be to get the rating listed? doing my own search for products in my own instance of the RR Yield the results minus the ratings?

What version are you running? All you need is the micro data, which was introduced in 1.0.1.

It's just added HTML. (y)

Yup, it's just specific tweaks to the HTML that aren't user visible but give more context to the content for Google. That's something the XF team excel at - getting the tiny details right.

As I have commented on MicroData thread, we seem still lack of price data.

upload_2013-6-7_10-21-3.webp

The price is not shown up from results by RM.

I'm seeing duplicate content issues in Webmaster Tools related to Resource Manager. I wonder if there is a robots.txt addition we could make to correct it.

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 9.22.36 AM.webp

Judging from your screenshot, just set page as an parameter that changes the content of a site, or just add it as an parameter, and let googlebot decide. Most of the time, they discover that stuff by them self, in my WMT they have already figured out the page parameter there.

Top Bottom