1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Google Integration works, but still produces an error?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Noobstradamus, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Noobstradamus

Noobstradamus Member

Very strange behavior, basically when associating an already created account when signing into the forum with a Google account, it produces an error. However, the Google association shows as being associated when viewing the External Accounts page even when this error is displayed. Could there be any incorrect settings in my Google dev account causing this?

Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 1.08.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 1.09.02 PM.png

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Would be helpful to know the error. :)

3. Mike

Oops, I just noticed the second screen shot. Please look at the server error logs in the control panel.

4. Noobstradamus

Noobstradamus Member

Unforunately no errors...

Server Error Logs

No errors have been logged.

5. Mike

When specifically are you getting this error? After entering the data to associate your account?

If so, it looks like this would indicate that your session was changed or lost between page views. I'm not sure how that would happen consistently.

6. Noobstradamus

Noobstradamus Member

I get the error right after associating the account. I haven't tried making a new account with the google login, but I am guessing similar behavior. I noticed that the google login opens an auth page different from twitter and Facebook, but guessing that is just how Google oauth works.

7. Mike

If you try it here, does the same thing happen?

8. Noobstradamus

Noobstradamus Member

Hmm works here, perhaps a mis-configuration in my Google dev oauth config? These settings worked with Guitar social network login.

9. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Have you tried to generate a new secret key? (it will disconnect all current users that are logged-in with Gmail)

10. Noobstradamus

Noobstradamus Member

Interesting...so I just tried logging in with twitter and brings me to the same error page but associates the account just fine. What setting or template would affect this?

11. Mike

There's no setting or template for this. Unfortunately, I won't be able to debug it unless I can reproduce it. Can you provide the URL to your site so I can test it?

(Do you know if it happens with a new registration?)

12. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

13. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Ok, I already diagnose the problem.
    @xfrocks BD Cache addon is the reason of the error.
    I'm not 100% sure of that.
    But disabling the said addon fixed my problem :)

14. Mike

If that is preventing creation of sessions, then yes it could cause that.

However, that's not the same issue as it happens before attempting to associate.

RoldanLT likes this.
  15. Noobstradamus

Noobstradamus Member

Unfortunately, I am not running that add-on. @Mike I will PM you the forum address. The error does not occur with new accounts created with the Social Logins.