google indexing

hamids47

hi at first I apologize I am not fluent in english.english is not my first language.

I have a vb4 forum with 16 years of history , 500 subforums , 100k daily visits and 70% of my users comes from search engines.my forum is about health and medical issues in my native language.

At present my problem is that it is not responsive for mobile users .after some investigations I choosed xenforo for moving to it.

But I have some worries about xenforo..I have read many informations on internet that some webmasters complaint that they have had problems with the low indexing rate of their pages with Google even down to 30%.

I want to know your opinion on this issue .

Last edited:
I decided not to migrate to xenforo bc of the google indexing issue I mentioned. I expected a member of the Xenforo team to give me a convincing answer about that problem. But no one answered . I will continue to use VB4 in the future and optimize it for mobile. I am going to hire a professional to support my VB4.

The devs are busy planning a release (2.2) so please be patient.

Index numbers drop, yes - but it's a good thing. vb has a lot of duplicate content urls that xf doesn't have. 1 url to 1 resource.

focus on traffic, not number of urls or even page views (there's less pages due to ajax/etc)

I don't think a single person has lost traffic after a short inital drop to realize that the loss was actually vb bloat and wasted server resources.

The xf mobile theme is good - not great - but good and vastly improves mobile experience.

don't invest more time into vb4 - its a dead product.

My php version on control panel is 7.4.
So your vB4 runs with php7.4 oho! that is illegal. We have an active license but there is no php7.4 to be found there. Then you also want to install a NulledStyle? Illegal too. WoW And you're worried about Google? :notworthy:

Illegal software that can also contain hacks and is therefore already unsafe will get you out of the index faster than you would like. 🙄

I'm just amazed that you discounted a major upgrade to your forum because you didn't get an official answer within 2 days. Nor even give more time for other forum owners with a lot more experience migrating forums to give feedback.

It has been stated often enough but to reiterate, a response from a staff member is not guaranteed on the forum.

It is community based assistance.

Only tickets guarantee a staff response.

Although as far as "SEO" is concerned, there's nothing we can do or say to convince someone to switch.

The URL structure between XF and and other forum software is different.
Pages will be indexed differently.
URLs will have to be redirected to ensure traffic from existing links continues to work.

That will result in different stats in GWT or your analytics platform of choice.

We have thousands of customers who have made the switch to XF without any long term issues.
Quite the contrary in fact.

I am still investigating. Some features of Xenforo are interesting to me such as preventing spam ,usability ,mobile responsiveness ,good speed loading pages...but I have 100k daily visits that most of them are from search engins.I think google has been worked very well with VB4 ... BC all of my topics has been indexed perfectly.then you see indexing is very very important for me. I even hired a professional for moving to xenforo...I paid him his money... he was doing that... but I asked him to stop to be sure about this issue.I am consulting many ones....

I'm just amazed that you discounted a major upgrade to your forum because you didn't get an official answer within 2 days. Nor even give more time for other forum owners with a lot more experience migrating forums to give feedback.
Could also be a biased opinion because they are XenForo users. If he had gone to vB community and asked the same, they would give him biased feedback too. I just think he needs to make his own mind up by actually looking at what is his best option.

Top Bottom