XF 1.5 Google - crawl errors

Can you be more specific about these errors? Are they "not found" or something else?

I tried to visit the first 2 in the list and it says "results not found" for both. Do those tags still exist? If so, has whatever the Tag relates to been changed from visible to guests to members only?

Can you be more specific about these errors? Are they "not found" or something else?

I tried to visit the first 2 in the list and it says "results not found" for both. Do those tags still exist? If so, has whatever the Tag relates to been changed from visible to guests to members only?
They are calling them "soft errors." The links do work when clicked though. When clicking the tag urls it goes to media. I haven't changed any settings -do tags have settings, I wasn't aware.

The links don't work for guests and therefore Google, try them yourself when logged out of your site.

Sphynxlair | Sphynx Cat Forum

Sphynxlair | Sphynx Cat Forum

So I ask the question again, has whatever these Tags relate to (posts, media) been changed from visible to guests to members only?
I did not change them, if anything it would be a default setting? Where is there a tagged media setting permision?

You're not getting what I'm asking - have the posts/media (that have these tags attached to them) had their visibility changed from guest access to members only? In other words, if they are attached to posts, have the posts been moved from a public forum to a members only forum? Or if the tags are attached to media in the Gallery, have the media had their privacy settings changed e.g. The album they are in was public and now is members only?

It would seem that someone is changing privacy settings. The two tags I looked at, boy and ashe (top two in your screenshot) didn't show any results when I checked the other day (see my first post). Checking them now shows 7 media for the boy tag (all of which I can view) and 3 for ashe (none of which I can view, though I can see the thumbnails).

I'd suggest that you check the user log to see if the owners of the two albums have recently been changing album permissions, which would explain why the tags gave 404 errors to Google. I'd also suggest you rebuild the caches in the ACP and then see if the ashe tag brings up results for guests (ie when you're logged out). It it still does and the album still isn't available to guests (which it currently isn't) then you may want to report this as a bug.

ashe | Sphynxlair

It would seem that someone is changing privacy settings. The two tags I looked at, boy and ashe (top two in your screenshot) didn't show any results when I checked the other day (see my first post). Checking them now shows 7 media for the boy tag (all of which I can view) and 3 for ashe (none of which I can view, though I can see the thumbnails).

I'd suggest that you check the user log to see if the owners of the two albums have recently been changing album permissions, which would explain why the tags gave 404 errors to Google. I'd also suggest you rebuild the caches in the ACP and then see if the ashe tag brings up results for guests (ie when you're logged out). It it still does and the album still isn't available to guests (which it currently isn't) then you may want to report this as a bug.

ashe | Sphynxlair
No, neither member made any changes what soever. will rebuild caches, should I do all?

Top Bottom