XF 2.2 SEO / Google Crawler question

the1

I currently have my forum set up so that guests need to login to view thread content - they can access nodes and thread lists but just can't see the content of posts.

Is it possible to allow crawlers to bypass this and see thread content so that threads can be indexed in search engines?

I currently have my forum set up so that guests need to login to view thread content - they can access nodes and thread lists but just can't see the content of posts.

Is it possible to allow crawlers to bypass this and see thread content so that threads can be indexed in search engines?
Why, if people finding the results won't be able to see the content they find without registering? I tend to walk away if I click a link in a Google or Bing search and it tells me I need to register (e.g. newspapers with paywalls that make you sign up so they can offer you 5 free articles or whatever and then bug you to subscribe).

No, doing so is called cloaking and you will be penalized.

Google is a guest.

Open some content, at least 3 or 4 page views before your 'paywall' to join like news sites.

I tend to walk away if I click a link in a Google or Bing search and it tells me I need to register (e.g. newspapers with paywalls that make you sign up so they can offer you 5 free articles or whatever and then bug you to subscribe).
Same here!

To answer the question, though, as far as I know you would need a custom modification for that and Google wouldn't be too happy to know you're doing it.

Top Bottom