[Google Chrome] Notifications

[Google Chrome] Notifications

Aside from the "you shouldn't run RC software in a production environment" advice, I'd need to see your community in order to figure out why. You can private message me the link if you'd like.

What kind of changes? I still have ideas for it. I just haven't put any time into it because it works for what I want it to do at the moment and I've had other, higher, priorities.

Reactions: rdn
http://wiki.nginx.org/Pitfalls#Missing_.28disappearing.29_HTTP_headers

Directive
underscores_in_headers
needs to be set to on...
That is a bad idea. Personally, I don't allow headers with underscores because the security problems it might create and it's indistinguishable from "-" in CGI-like headers representation. jQuery already uses the proper syntax: X-Requested-With.
Code:
# find /var/www/html -type f -exec grep --color -i X_REQUESTED_WITH {} +
# find /var/www/html -type f -exec grep --color -i X-REQUESTED-WITH {} +
I just looked at the server logs, the site is getting pinged every few minutes with those addon requests. Honestly, I find this intrusive and I'm currently blocking them with a 403 on my forums.

Reactions: HWS
I'm sesetting the same header with the same value that xenforo does on its Ajax requests.

As far as intrusive I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't really see how it's an issue though. If anything I'm encouraging your user base to come back. Over half my visits to any xenforo community comes from the notification I get from this. I'd still check them periodically but my response times would be much worse.

Great add-on. It definitely brings more traffic to administrators forums.

It's quite useful for all of the xenforo script forums i visit, but still lacking some features and for some reason, i keep getting notifications pop ups, (i don't click on it) i just click the x, and it keep popping up every 10 minutes, Quite annoying.

It needs an update with more features. Uninstalled it.

mobile add-on would be great as well,

Great add-on.
That's generally not indicated by a 2 star review..

i keep getting notifications pop ups, (i don't click on it) i just click the x, and it keep popping up every 10 minutes, Quite annoying.
The x doesn't do anything with the alerts, nor should it. It checks every few minutes to see if you have alerts on each forum, which you do, therefore it alerts again. I have absolutely no intention in changing this.

mobile add-on would be great as well,
Completely unrelated to this.

I still use this chrome extension myself. I haven't noticed dinging but that might be because I haven't updated Chrome recently. I'll look into making some improvements soon. It just hasn't really been on my radar because I'm currently happy with how it works for my day to day use.

Nice one Daniel.

It's not making audible dinging as such, just the usual slide in notifications for all XF sites with alerts. The problem is there used to be a bell icon that Chrome displayed, which you could select and mute the alerts for a while, or until the next day. This was very handy if you were busy and didn't want to be distracted.

Now that they've removed that the alerts come in every 10 minutes or something, which gets rather annoying. Had to disable it for now.

I am using it :|.

Likewise :(

Didn't realize this thing had over 500 users. That's pretty cool. Think I'll be making some modifications to it in the near future too, it's kind of been bugging me lately with the inability to temporarily silent notifications. Might even toss it on github and see if others want to contribute.

Last edited:
Stops working with Chrome Version 57.0.2987.110 (64-bit).

Edit: Works again now :|.

Last edited:
Top Bottom