Google Chrome: Canary

Legend

Anyone using it? The Mac version was just recently released and I am using it. It's fantastic!
Extremely fast!

For those that don't know what Canary is, and don't feel like hunting for information on it, Google Chrome Canary is a version of the Chrome Browser they plan on releasing in the future. You can call it a "Beta" of sorts, however, it's a stable version of the browser that you can use. It's just not officially released as a real version of Chrome, yet. The cool thing about it is that it installs on your computer as a seperate browser, so if you ever felt that need that you don't want it on your computer anymore, you can uninstall it and it wouldn't effect your original installation of Chrome.

Current Chrome Users are on version 11, while Canary runs on version 13. What these canary versions do is rely on the consumers to use the product and any errors that come up are reported to the chrome developers to be fixed until the product becomes stable enough for an official release. This process keeps continuing. Pretty much why after a few short years Google is already working on version 13 of Chrome. :P

So, anyone running it? I just installed it on my Mac today and I am very impressed with the speed of it all.

I do not understand how they get 13 if it is only feature additions.

I thought:

'X'.0.0 was for new code set.
0.'X'.0 was feature additions
0.0.'X' was bug fixes.

So is Google releasing a new code set of Chrome every (24/13 = ~2) a month?!

That is quite astronomical!
New code sets twice a month!
WOW!
ali_089.gif

I get the impression they just randomly up the version number whenever they feel like it. Probably based on bigger numbers = better mentality. Certainly there hasn't been 11 significant chages in my view, perhaps 4 or 5 but I guess it doesn't really matter.

I thought:

0.0.'X' was bug fixes.

WOW!
ali_089.gif
No one truly knows how Google is marking their releases. As soon as you think you have it figured they release a new version that just confuses you all over again.

I thought:

0.0.'X' was bug fixes.

WOW!
ali_089.gif
Chrome's version numbers look like: 11.0.696.57–trying figuring out what that means. :p

Chrome's version numbers look like: 11.0.696.57–trying figuring out what that means. :p
I believe the 0.0.0.'X' means complete build.

If that is true, then they only have made 57 builds of 11.0.696 or it means it is the 57th final build of 11.0.

Top Bottom