1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Google Authorship

Add your Google + Profile link and Avatar to Google search results for your threads

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

DRE submitted a new resource:

Google Authorship - Add your Google + Profile link and Avatar to Google search results for your threads

Read more about this resource...
  2. phaze3131

phaze3131 Active Member

Hey @DRE, it's me again. Sorry for bothering you.

This resource also did not work for me.

Perhaps I need to understand how this works. How does step 1 and 2 work? Is that how Google + link to the forum? What if I just find someone to code for me to add the "Thread by" under my name in threads without doing step 1 and 2, will it work?

Does the "Thread by" need to be under the picture? What if I just add in in the content, maybe before or after?

I just want to connect to G+ and try alternative options.

Lastly, can you give examples of xenforo sites that have successfully done this?
  3. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

Is it possible to limit what forums this would apply to?
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

If you want to exclude certain usergroups and subforums from using this addon then use Brogan's Conditional Statements resource.
    Live Free likes this.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Click on the links of this resource and read what Google says about Google Authorship.
  6. zagorskey

zagorskey Active Member

How about adding "?rel=author" at the end of our G+ link below the avatar?
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It's been there this whole time. You just need to read the resource a lil more deeply.

Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 11.jpg
  9. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

Hi @DRE ,
    Could you add a feature that anyone who connected with Google+ will be automatic enabled Google Authorship (without input profile link)?
    Thank you.
    Markos likes this.
  10. zagorskey

zagorskey Active Member

@DRE , I guess you misunderstood, you need to have "?rel=author" at the end of your link as well.
    I used the Custom Fields by Waindigo method for a better implementation, here's the final result:
    final result

And here's how it looks in forum_view:
    forum view look
  11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

When you sign up through Xenforo's existing social network services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google neither services automatically apply your username or page link on your profile. I think the only addons that do that is Steam integration. I think something like that requires php work which would require an addon, this is just a template modification resource. I don't do any php work so you would have to create a thread in the request forum.
  13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

14. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

Just did it.. Now, its time to wait to google process :)

Since xenforo has the "g+ integration", maybe you can improve this by asking the user to associate his user with the g+ and the auto get the profile from it, no?

Thanks for the resource :)
  15. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member