1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 google analytics not Work

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by takshing2001_hk, Oct 29, 2015.

1. takshing2001_hk

takshing2001_hk New Member

my google analytics code
    Code:
    <script>
      (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
      (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
      m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
      })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-123456-7', 'auto');
      ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>
    my site layout
    Code:
        <script>

<script>

ga('create', 'UA-123456-7', 'auto');
      ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

google_analytics Templates code
    Code:

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.googleAnalyticsWebPropertyId}"><script>

ga('create', '{$xenOptions.googleAnalyticsWebPropertyId}', 'auto');

ga('send', 'pageview');

</script></xen:if>

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How are you entering your GA code?

You just enter it in the ACP -> Options -> Google Integration -> Google Analytics Web Property ID

3. takshing2001_hk

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Looking at your site, I can see the GA code in the source.

5. takshing2001_hk

But the Google still show

Tracking ID
    UA-69464498-1
    Last checked: Oct 29, 2015 4:59:41 PM PDT
    The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.
    Learn more

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

GA may not be picking it up because your board is closed (temporarily unavailable). It should still start reporting soon.

7. torquewrench

torquewrench New Member

I'm running into this same snag. I actually installed Wordpress on the front end to install it through a Wordpress plugin (Xenforo still runs and appears through /forum). What's interesting is real time will show active users, but it's not recording their activity.

8. torquewrench

torquewrench New Member

Would I be better off just adding the script to the footer template?

9. Mark T

Mark T Member

Google recommends you use the asynchronous tracking code. This should always be located in the <head> section.

XF pushes it there, but if you use the Defer JS modification, this is then pushed to below the </head>.

Then your webmaster tools will no longer recognise your property verification.