Google Analytics Not Tracking Statistics

taylor_smith

We migrated to XenForo in early March 2012. Upon migration, we added our Google Analytics ID to our fora via Options: Statistics and Metrics, as shown below. However, Analytics is having trouble collecting statistics.

analytics3.webp

This ID shows up in our page source, as shown here:

analytics2.webp

Analytics reports that it is receiving data successfully. However, our statistics show 0:

analytics.webp

Does anyone know what might be happening and how I might repair it?

Ensure the tracking ID is the correct one for your account.

I changed tracking ID two days ago due to moving to Google Apps and data is already showing in the Analytics page.

It will take a few days for any data to show up.
You can check if data is being collected though by looking at the Tracking Status under the Admin tab.

analytics.webp

I'm wondering if it might be related to your default skin?

Try creating a simple static HTML page and embed the tracking code that Google gives you on the Analytics admin page. Load it a few times and then check later on to see if the hits show up? If so, copy and paste the javascript from your XF page source into your basic HTML page and do the same test again. Hits recorded?

If so, then it points to an issue with your XF skin. If not then give Google a shout and ask them to look at why this particular account isn't responding as expected.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Ensure the tracking ID is the correct one for your account.

I changed tracking ID two days ago due to moving to Google Apps and data is already showing in the Analytics page.

It will take a few days for any data to show up.
You can check if data is being collected though by looking at the Tracking Status under the Admin tab.

View attachment 28840

The images above show that code in the ACP, page source, and Analytics account all match. What else should I check?

I'm wondering if it might be related to your default skin?

Try creating a simple static HTML page and embed the tracking code that Google gives you on the Analytics admin page. Load it a few times and then check later on to see if the hits show up? If so, copy and paste the javascript from your XF page source into your basic HTML page and do the same test again. Hits recorded?

If so, then it points to an issue with your XF skin. If not then give Google a shout and ask them to look at why this particular account isn't responding as expected.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Kk, will give it a try.

If it's the forum in your signature, it *is* making the tracking request back to the Google Analytics servers when you visit it... You might want to make sure that Analytics profile didn't get screwed up with some sort of custom filter that's just filtering out all the traffic.

New discovery! Results are solely failing to report on the "Account Home" page, and only with the old ID.

I created a new Analytics ID and added them both to all templates. Next, I opened the "real time" reporting for both IDs: lo and behold, they showed identical activity. The difference is that this activity is being reporting on the "Account Home" page for the new ID, but not the old one.

Still no idea why, but that's something.

Top Bottom