Good UK host for xenforo recommendations please

That's who I'm with, I'm wondering about other ones.

What seems to be the issue, and have you given them chance to fix it? Having recently migrated ~80 sites to Nimbus with 0 problems (and any issues that were encountered were quickly resolved) id say give them chance to look into the issue and fix it :)

I'd recommend Nimbus too. Never had a problem with them and they've always been more than helpful.

What's your issue? As @Slavik says, have they had the chance to resolve it?

Hello,

managed or un-managed hosting?

Simplexwebs is a nice managed hosting; otherwise, Linode is a great choice for un-managed hosting.

I'd recommend Nimbus too. Never had a problem with them and they've always been more than helpful.

What's your issue? As @Slavik says, have they had the chance to resolve it?
I will of course give them a chance, just getting to know my options.

Last edited:
So, Simplexwebs, they have SSD and LiteSpeed, great speed and performance.

Otherwise, see also EuroVPS and Medialayer, datacenter at Amsterdam but good for all Europe zone.

You still haven't mentioned what problems you're having. Perhaps we can all help you work it out and get to the bottom of it.

You still haven't mentioned what problems you're having. Perhaps we can all help you work it out and get to the bottom of it.
No, my intention in this thread is not to be negative or seek tech support here, it is merely to do some research in case I need to find another host.

What I'm hoping for is they sort everything out and everyone is happy.

Nimbus are doing a lot in the support side of things and while they are doing that so it makes no sense to me to look for tech support elsewhere - they need the chance to do what they are doing.

Last edited:
Nimbus are working on it and while they are doing that so it makes no sense to me to look for tech support elsewhere - they need the chance to do what they are doing.
Sometimes asking for input elsewhere may lead to guidance that can be relayed to them that allows them to find something that they may have overlooked. Recently participated in a thread involving OrangeHost that ended up that input from the community revealed that they (OrangeHost) had made some caching changes to their HTTP servers for their shared hosting service that was causing a negative impact on their clients forums - and that they had overlooked that.

DigitalOcean. They just opened a new datacenter based in London. We are more than happy with them.
Should be noted that:

A) That's not managed, which the OP asked for
B) It's a virtual machine, not a 'ready to go' hosting service.
c) Someone who needs management will likely need a control panel, and the free options are terrible (putting it mildly), so add a minimum of $5 a month for DirectAdmin or ~$15 a month for cPanel on top of it, and DigitalOcean's no longer a decent option.

OP - avoid any of the UK2 group hosting provders if you can, and any owned by the EIG group. Both of these companies have a tendancy to provide pretty lackluster support and severely limit server resources on most, if not all of their hosting plans.

EIG will need some research. To give you an idea, they own HostGator, BlueHost, GoDaddy, etc. Their wikipedia entry lists some of the companies they own, but not all of them.

My personal recommendation for a fully managed, and extremely reliable UK host would be Clook. I've not used them in about 3 years (no longer needed any managed hosting, so left to reduce costs) but know of people that are still with them. Their support is top quality and the hardware they use is amazingly reliable. Jim and co have been running it for years and have only ever focused on a premium line of hosting packages, and the difference is very evident when compared to the likes of eUKHost for example.

Top Bottom