Good UK host for xenforo recommendations please

I just migrated my site to @NimbusHosting and so far so good. I've been with the same (US based) host since 2006, and wanted to move everything to the UK, so after a bit of research and some very helpful customer service, I went with Nimbus.

They did absolutely everything - site backup, import, testing, nameservers, etc. I was busy in meetings all morning at work, which I wasn't expecting, so I was worried that things would fall apart in my absence (e.g. I wouldn't be around to answer questions, do important tasks), but that couldn't be further from the truth. Can't recommend them enough. :)

Edit: Sorry, only just properly read the thread and see that you're already with them!

bigwetfish.co.uk - Been with these guys about 6 years now. Rock solid service.
Guessing they are a very small host - they're only showing as being a registered company since Jan 2013, and have no accounting information filed yet. Presumably they operated as a self-employed/sole-trader company prior to that.

Guessing they are a very small host - they're only showing as being a registered company since Jan 2013, and have no accounting information filed yet. Presumably they operated as a self-employed/sole-trader company prior to that.

Yep I belive they where a sole-trader until last year.
I wouldn't say they are small at all. They have quite a large server farm spaning across 3 UK datacenters aswell as having quite a presence in a large US datacenter.
They host quite a few well known sites here in the UK and frequently have sites featured on national tv.

There support team is by far the best I have ever dealt with and I've been with pretty much everyone. (Fasthosts, Godaddy, Heart, TSO, Media Temple etc etc).

They also offer a free introduction trial on hosting and VPS services. Try them out get to know Stephen and his team and you'll never look back :)

Sounds like a sales man :/ - Just a really happy customer.

Thanks for all replies so far, I just wondered if there is anything new to add . I am speaking to those companies recommended. I have been putting this off as I have quite a few sites to migrate, but it looks like I will need to bite the bullet soon and move.

Has anyone got any new recommendations for a host? Probably looking for dedicated server or VPS.

Currently hosting with www.dediserve.com

Rock solid performance, I'm on an unmanaged plan and have found their support to be very helpful. They have a managed addon available if you still need someone to manage the server for you.

Thanks for all the suggestions, after a lot of research and trials, I have found the solution:

MattWServices

I have several xenforo forums and wordpress sites, Matt has improved the performance of both. Blazing fast page loads now, and support response almost as fast as the page loads :)

That's great to hear @Mr Lucky , @MattW is great and spot on...
Like you I am considering moving and am looking around, we're with DO who have a datacentre in London so our droplet runs there.

However, I am also considering something else perhaps managed, or even a dedicated server not VPS.
DO are fast I find, but don't know, could it all be quicker?
Tricky one as most hosts are US based...

I too would be grateful for any tips on managed servers in the UK?

Top Bottom