Good Old British Weather

I used to love Focus... until I went up the arse of one exactly one month after passing my test.

Getting that close to one put me off them a bit.

I'm gunna get some photos of it and pop them online tomorrow probably. Its a little beauty.

That's a good idea, a 'What's your ride?' thread.

The one I hit was the first model. I must admit I do like the sports edition, we have a Ford dealer opposite us and they have a nice green one I've been eyeing up. Doubt I'll buy it though, probably go for a Navara.

Gosh also getting a cold snap Down Under, am almost thinking of putting something on over my tee .... gasp, horror!

This picture was the view from my office yesterday evening (Suffok, UK) as I had noticed a sun dog or mock sun (the one on the right). This is apparently just the sun reflecting through ice crystals - and not a portent of doom. But I took it as maybe an omen that I will miss the 24 hour sale and get distressed ;)

sundog.webp

This picture was the view from my office yesterday evening (Suffok, UK) as I had noticed a sun dog or mock sun (the one on the right). This is apparently just the sun reflecting through ice crystals - and not a portent of doom. But I took it as maybe an omen that I will miss the 24 hour sale and get distressed ;)

View attachment 2330
Still yet to witness one of these for myself :(

Yesterday afternoon we had thunder yet brilliant sunshine :confused: Blaa'n a hoolie here today, sea is fairly rough across the field from work.

Here in sunny South Florida, we have lots of instances of lots of sun AND rain at the same time! Odd, but kinda cool. Warm rain is much better than cold rain ;)

Typical of this place we've gone from glorious sunshine to absolutely teeming it down in a matter of seconds. I expect it to be bone dry again in under an hour :p

Here in sunny South Florida, we have lots of instances of lots of sun AND rain at the same time! Odd, but kinda cool. Warm rain is much better than cold rain ;)
Unless it's a really hot day, in which case I appreciate the cold rain after working outside.

Yes, I love it. It's silly quick, handles like a dream, gets 40mpg while it purrs along, but will do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds when you bring on the noise. I could go on for ages about how good it is, but it would get boring for everyone else ;)

I never driven one but have "tried it on" with 535D's a few times (I have a remapped Fabia VRS which churns out about 400NM torque so isn't slow) and they have left me standing. It's likely my next car will be a 123D coupe because these are just getting so good performance wise but still economical. I would of course prefer a 135i but I'll need to save some money to pay the extra for Xenforo when I miss the 24 hr sale :)

We're starting daylight savings this weekend, my thought is they've done it so we get more chance to see the rain falling during the day :confused:

Changeable as ever. Compare dawn yesterday (left) with today (right).
Melbourne is just as fun... literally four seasons in a day is what Melbourne is known well for. Its an Australian joke, but a true one. You can wakeup on the morning, summer time, and it will start heading towards 30 degrees celcius... by mid morning it will be windy and cold, after lunch raining and freezing, by sunset 42 degrees celcius and requiring the aircon. I kid you not... Melbourne. When you go out here, you have an umbrella and cold weather gear in your car at all times, because you just never know what you will get.

Top Bottom