Good Old British Weather

Got to love Britain's non existant Summer.

We were doing well here this year - April, May, June & July were fantastic, it was great sitting on the beach and working on the laptop using the wifi at Coast Cafe, but maybe that's why the town has the name of 'Sunny Worthing'
hmm.gif

It all went pear-shaped when the school holidays started. :(

Not to bad in Worthing right now, just...overcast
No rain, just grey

Oh, hello fellow Worthing person, I wasn't expecting that! :) :cool:

Yep, only grey now, but the rain was heavy this morning - yesterday was lovely, but I was at the Worthing Business Exhibition and had to stay to the end to see Gill Fielding, one of Channel 4's Secret Millionaires, do her presentation.

Yes, it was actually a really good summer. For about two months it was more sunny then not.

In the last three to four years before this, summer just did not turn up

It's pouring right now and has been for probably an hour or so. I'm certain this morning it was sunny and warm, and I'm sure later today the clouds will go away and the sun will peek out once more.

The fun storms are the sun showers. :D

Changeable as ever. Compare dawn yesterday (left) with today (right).

View attachment 2301
Do you take daily photos of the sky or did you just coincidentally have that image? :P

I must say, hearing the sound of the thunder today (in Manchester at least) was a nice sound. I've always loved the sound of rain.

Psst, a new media BBCode value - vimeoiphone!

It was very heavy this morning. in fact it woke me up!
Up here in scotland we have some extra types of rain. In particular the one we call 'smir'. hard to describe, other than it doesn't feel like it's raining particularly hard, but it gets you very wet, very quickly. it's like the fine mist spray you get from one of those spray-bottles.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see rain today. Although, my suit did get wet. I'll be swearing if my RAF uniform gets wet on parade tomorrow.

Do you like it mate?
Yes, I love it. It's silly quick, handles like a dream, gets 40mpg while it purrs along, but will do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds when you bring on the noise. I could go on for ages about how good it is, but it would get boring for everyone else ;)

Yes, I love it. It's silly quick, handles like a dream, gets 40mpg while it purrs along, but will do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds when you bring on the noise. I could go on for ages about how good it is, but it would get boring for everyone else ;)

I have a FocusST - love it. Quick, love the hot hatch look too. :P

Top Bottom