Good Enough Blogs

Good Enough Blogs 1.0.44

No permission to download

Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:

Good Enough Blogs - Formerly Better Blogs

I'm the original author of the now defunct Better Blogs

I originally developed this as a substitute for our vBulletin Blogs, and it worked really well! We are also using that in production. Many hundreds of man-hours went into developing this product.

Unfortunately, really slow sales and increasing support costs didn't let me continue with the product.

Even today after a few months it's a solid product used in hundred of installations. The only thing missing is continuous updates, however, the advertised features work really well. It is performant, secure, has the features, has importers, and gets the job done.

I'm releasing this add-on as FREE for the community

You are allowed to modify, clone, redistribute, repackage, resell, translate, and do further development on this add-on as an individual or group. You can re-brand it if you want, and you don't need to acknowledge me at all (though that would be appreciated).

There is NO need to PM or email me asking for permission. It is released as-is and no guarantee or support is provided.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I thought that would be a hot topic, because it always comes up. It is also part of the reason why people don't release things when they can no longer maintain it. I want to highlight a few things:

1) I said on the thread ahead of time, if there comes a time I could not maintain it, I would release it for someone else to maintain. I'm following up on my promise.
2) Unless you purchase it and you never ever ever used it, at all, there is already some value that you got from there. It was a paid resource from 2012 from 2016. Think of it as being a few years ahead of the curve, as having had a competitive advantage for n years.
3) There were maybe 580 hours of development time put into this. Probably more since at some point I stopped counting. So take it as you funded the original project at a very very cheap rate

What do you prefer? (considering your money is gone anyways)
1) You will need to shell up for another $50 or $60 on the next blog add-ons that someone will come up with
2) or, *maybe* someone will pick it up, and you have a chance of getting updates. And, if you want to contract work it's much more friendly that the code is open

Instead of seeing this code lost, I'd rather have it helping the community

Cool, thanks! I've been looking for a XenBlogs replacement. :) The price is right too. hehehe

This is based on Better Blogs. In fact, it apparently IS Better Blogs, just now released free.

I've already asked my users to donate for an unrelated mod and don't want to beg for another $50-$60. This blog is free, and it IS a blog. Good stuff. :D

Top Bottom