Gold Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Sherman

Does the XenTeam intend to have a sale when XF goes gold? By that, I'm not asking for a sale, just *IF* there will be one. I need two more licenses, which will not go live before xF Gold, so I can afford to wait, but if there is no intent for a sale, there's also no need to wait.

Does the XenTeam intend to have a sale when XF goes gold? By that, I'm not asking for a sale, just *IF* there will be one. I need two more licenses, which will not go live before xF Gold, so I can afford to wait, but if there is no intent for a sale, there's also no need to wait.

They have said there will be no more sales.

Now just because I said that, they'll have one, you watch......

Only sale I think that would make sense moving forward would be after creation of a simple multi-site feature added offer existing license holders a discount on additional licenses.

I like the idea of the "cash for Clunkers."
wink.png

Seriously though, even a discount for people who already have at least one license would be good!

I would love to get a second license but not right now.

let's be fair... it has been VAT increase in UK, guys need funds to continue development...
we also need to realise that once gold relised - the pressure will increase due to the fact that the product will come with ticket support...

As crazy as it sounds...I would not want this product to be any cheaper and tbh after what I paid for the other guy, it was refreshing to receive a license for the price it beckoned though myself probably would have paid more for this product before I tried it and would for sure after using it and still in a rc state would definitely pay more. I say the price is fair and I wouldn't be looking for a discount unless I bought 10+ license to push to people running communities on my servers.

Not to beat the same dead horse either but the discount (presale) was like (to me anyways) a reward for those loyal and or committed to moving on to a better way of doing things. I would not want them (XF) to under cut themselves as we as license holders have an investment in their work...without them it doesn't matter...so to make sure things keep on running here they need to be compensated fairly for if they make no money they have no (logical) reason (other than passion) to keep developing this awesome software. I'm sure if the team here finds it fiscally sound to offer another discount down the road they will let us know. In the end all that matters is that they are here for the long haul.

my 2 cents: you are a bunch of fanatics!
i dare you to find a normal person, unbiased towards a product who wouldn't welcome a price decrease.
I'm tired of reading posts about increasing the price by the same people. please stop; we get it!
now let us see the other opinion.

my 2 cents: you are a bunch of fanatics!
i dare you to find a normal person, unbiased towards a product who wouldn't welcome a price decrease.
I'm tired of reading posts about increasing the price by the same people. please stop; we get it!
now let us see the other opinion.
It is well priced. No more, no less.
No one is being forced to buy it.
And how would it be fair to those who purchased licenses after the presale?
I purchased additional licenses to support XF's legal efforts.

I could of purchased during the pre-sale if I really wanted to but waited to support them. I like the current price it helps keep development going and is reasonable. No Sales:No Increases works fine for everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom