1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold Sale?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Fred Sherman, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Does the XenTeam intend to have a sale when XF goes gold? By that, I'm not asking for a sale, just *IF* there will be one. I need two more licenses, which will not go live before xF Gold, so I can afford to wait, but if there is no intent for a sale, there's also no need to wait.

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

If they had a sale, people would be pissed because they've already said ... no more sales !
    Maybe during the first week there could be a Buy 4 get one Free event :)

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

They have said there will be no more sales.

Now just because I said that, they'll have one, you watch......

4. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Thank you.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

I doubt we will see a sale, but I would love to have one. I am still looking for at least three more licenses.

6. tmb

tmb Active Member

Only sale I think that would make sense moving forward would be after creation of a simple multi-site feature added offer existing license holders a discount on additional licenses.

ArnyVee likes this.
  7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Maybe if enough of us say there won't be a sale, or probably won't, or I doubt there will be, heheheh..... they'll have a sale to prove us wrong?

HEY it's worth a try.

HoddzDJ and AzH like this.
  8. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

I dislike sales, but I Hate Getting Stuff For Free Specifically Getting 2 Licenses For Free :p

9. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I bought 2 licenses at presale prices and 2 at the regular rate.
    I consider the presale a gift.

10. kilcher

kilcher Active Member

Would be nice if you could exchange your *ahem* other software licenses for a shiny new copy of XF. Call it "Cash for Clunkers." :D

Simon likes this.
  11. Simon

Simon Active Member

I like the idea of the "cash for Clunkers." [​IMG]

Seriously though, even a discount for people who already have at least one license would be good!

I would love to get a second license but not right now.

12. xFan

xFan Member

let's be fair... it has been VAT increase in UK, guys need funds to continue development...
    we also need to realise that once gold relised - the pressure will increase due to the fact that the product will come with ticket support...

EQnoble and Darkimmortal like this.
  13. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

As crazy as it sounds...I would not want this product to be any cheaper and tbh after what I paid for the other guy, it was refreshing to receive a license for the price it beckoned though myself probably would have paid more for this product before I tried it and would for sure after using it and still in a rc state would definitely pay more. I say the price is fair and I wouldn't be looking for a discount unless I bought 10+ license to push to people running communities on my servers.

Not to beat the same dead horse either but the discount (presale) was like (to me anyways) a reward for those loyal and or committed to moving on to a better way of doing things. I would not want them (XF) to under cut themselves as we as license holders have an investment in their work...without them it doesn't matter...so to make sure things keep on running here they need to be compensated fairly for if they make no money they have no (logical) reason (other than passion) to keep developing this awesome software. I'm sure if the team here finds it fiscally sound to offer another discount down the road they will let us know. In the end all that matters is that they are here for the long haul.

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

VERY well said!

15. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

I agree. $140 for this software is like having a sale everyday of the week!

I think they should raise it up!

16. AzH

AzH Member

There will not be a sale.

17. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

my 2 cents: you are a bunch of fanatics!
    i dare you to find a normal person, unbiased towards a product who wouldn't welcome a price decrease.
    I'm tired of reading posts about increasing the price by the same people. please stop; we get it!
    now let us see the other opinion.

whynot likes this.
  18. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

It is well priced. No more, no less.
    No one is being forced to buy it.
    And how would it be fair to those who purchased licenses after the presale?
    I purchased additional licenses to support XF's legal efforts.

EQnoble likes this.
  19. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

I could of purchased during the pre-sale if I really wanted to but waited to support them. I like the current price it helps keep development going and is reasonable. No Sales:No Increases works fine for everyone :)

20. dabollicks

dabollicks Active Member

I only stumbled across this software when it was at beta 5. Best 90 quid I've ever spent. Xf in my opinion could easily charge a lot more for this software.

CBI Web likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.