Gold Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Sherman

Does the XenTeam intend to have a sale when XF goes gold? By that, I'm not asking for a sale, just *IF* there will be one. I need two more licenses, which will not go live before xF Gold, so I can afford to wait, but if there is no intent for a sale, there's also no need to wait.

I agree. The price is well worth the product. Keep it where it is, or raise it.

For some unknown reason, I trust Kier, Mike and Ashley with the pricing scheme. I know they will always be fair.

That is something that got lost along the way with the whole IB thing.

Hey...truth be told..I would love to buy a new Ferrari for $1000 bucks. But come on now. We're not living in the land unicorns and fairydust.

There are all kinds of free BB solutions out there for the hobbyist or kiddies to use for their buddies to join up and play "mod". XF is for for the professional forum. That's the league I want for my community.

If wanting the best for my community makes me fanatical...ok, I'm a fanatic for an awesome forum platform. I'm exposed.

This is why I personlly don't welcome a decrease and it is quite logical.

If you take walmart for example...they move into an area...undercut prices of everyone around them and put mom and pop places out of business. Then they do the same 10 miles away. Months down the road they close one down because they are just competing with each other and the overhead of a 3/4 million sq ft building makes it so it is easier to consolidate those stores into one for the people of both locations. Now people have to leave town and drive 15 miles to get stuff because all the local family run businesses couldn't possibly compete with them price-wise and went out of buisness and even though wally world lacks the luster of a old world style shop where people would call you sir..that is if they didn't know your first name. People all want to save a dollar (eur or whatever, where ever you are and also store name according) to the advent that they ignore all the signs that they are helping destroy a good thing for the almighty dollar and when walmart leaves and they have no corner store anymore they ***** and moan about THEY'RE inconvenience...it is called a self defense mechanism.

You may have skipped through that and not really understood the correlation my mind makes with that and this situation.

XF is a corner store, one that actually prices it's goods in a standard market range for the nature of the product and the services that comes with it.

The sum of all the other forums out there ( lol the competition if you will) are the wally world's. Following a well played out format that has the native disinterests of the patrons at heart and fully playing the numbers game to the extent of them believing their own BS that they are doing good work. (don't be offend about me mentioning other software please, I did after all spare naming the one's I that I happen to find craptastic because the people who authored them don't need to be ridiculed in a public manner because I felt like it when the truth is it's better than anything i would ever be able to make..in fact this is a completely moot as far as this anecdote is concerned as this is about equal value and the whole point of trying to talk someone down in price. )

This situation with this thread right here which has been brought up in many ways in general concerning the price of XenForo has been brought up numerous times and I think it's pretty succinct that they are asking a lot of suggestions and price isn't one of them....that is why they have Ashley. Besides as more gets added to the core, you know......features and suggestions and addons that are worthy of being developed into the core itself...I would expect just thinking in logical terms, that the price would go up.

Bargaining for a price is like the reverse approach to the same end; walmart does to small businesses similarly to what cutting the price on the software could mean for XenForo Ltd. as a company. If this company get's desolved so does your software. They have families to feed, rent to pay,lawyers etc. This is not the bargain basement...these guys have done an amazing thing here and if it was me I would be truly offended if you told me to drop the price on something like this that I built with 1 other person...I kind of am offended right now actually...in the manner of when your friend says or does something embarrasing while your out in public with them and the transative property of that makes you feel embarrased like it happened to yourself instead.

I'm done ranting, I won't even be looking at posts in this thread anymore nor will I open price related threads.

I already forgot who posted in here so this never happened and I'll see yah around, have a nice day.

:-)

my 2 cents: you are a bunch of fanatics!
i dare you to find a normal person, unbiased towards a product who wouldn't welcome a price decrease.
I'm tired of reading posts about increasing the price by the same people. please stop; we get it!
now let us see the other opinion.

Yet another one with their knickers in a wad. Good grief people can post what they want to. Just don't read it. ;)

Yet another one with their knickers in a wad. Good grief people can post what they want to. Just don't read it. ;)
Yet another (fill in the blank with a negative word) .... post
How am I not supposed to read when:
1- in case you are not aware this is a forum so i am supposed to read stuff !
2- its everywhere
I have tried to ignore it for so long but enough is enough !

Yet another (fill in the blank with a negative word) .... post
How am I not supposed to read when:
1- in case you are not aware this is a forum so i am supposed to read stuff !
2- its everywhere
I have tried to ignore it for so long but enough is enough !
Sorry majdi, but you cannot control, nor dictate, how anyone posts. It's as must their right to post as it is your right to not like the content of that post. ;)

i am very well aware of that, i was just asking, it was a suggestion.
using the same logic i'm also free to express myself, i see no harm in what i said.

my 2 cents: you are a bunch of fanatics!
i dare you to find a normal person, unbiased towards a product who wouldn't welcome a price decrease.
I'm tired of reading posts about increasing the price by the same people. please stop; we get it!
now let us see the other opinion.
You've got one here. I wouldn't welcome a price decrease. As a business owner, I want to see the xenforo team succeed and turn this into a profitable business. To do so they need capital to support their efforts and to grow the business. Lack of capital is what kills great products. This isn't a large corporation trying to stick it to thousands of customers - it's a small team that's trying to do something new and exciting. What good would a price decrease be if they go out of business and the product dies? If people are price sensitive to $140 and don't see the value, then go install a free solution like phpBB.

--Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom