That same weekend Andreas from vBulletin released his XenForo to vBulletin importer. I thought 'Oh wow even more reason this is a good idea'. But before I could even begin an import, I ran into a purely cosmetic URL issue that bothers me to the core. I do not like my sites to have the .php extension at the end. I hate it because when telling someone face to face to go to thesite.com/forum most of them forget to add the .php at the end. The first thing they'll see is an error message. When novice or casual guests or members manually enter your forum's url they'll most likely forget to add .php at the end.
So after about three days of asking URLjet and vBulletin customer support I've learned that I can only have one url that has the .php extension taken off the url but the other parts of the site have to have it unless I buy something like vBSEO which I refuse to do because I've learned after working with my first vB4 forum that I could do most of what is done in that program with free addons and extra SEO work. The only thing I couldn't do was to strip .php off the end of certain sections.
The point I'm trying to make here is that I am officially spoiled off of xenForo's mod-rewrite friendly urls settings. I don't have to worry about the url structure of any section of any xenForo site I make because it's built in. All I have to do is know how to put it in my .htaccess and select mod-rewrite friendly urls in admincp options. I don't have to buy any extra addons to achieve this either.
I know this sounds like a minor cosmetic complaint but because of it, I'm gonna eventually buy another xenForo license instead of re-using my old vB4 license. I guess you can call it laziness but I really don't want to have to go through all the SEO hurdles I went through with vB4 again. I forgot how good I had it on xenForo. XenForo makes stuff so easy it's easy to forget.