Implemented Go directly to a member's Profile from [Interact] popup

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can this be returned to suggestions.
To me it's not upload_2014-8-6_10-26-24.webp.

It's very hard to find the link.

And there is lots of space to make a link.

upload_2014-8-6_10-33-18.webp
When I click on the 16 minutes link ... it seems to do nothing really.

On the forum home ... it takes you to the first message.

upload_2014-8-6_10-35-9.webp

I guess that's analogous.

It's just not intuitive enough.
There is lots of space here ... lots of room for a more formal link.
No need to save space with unintuitiveness.

The fact that @me and @Allan didn't know should indicate a need for a more formal link to the member's profile posts.
I admit i was fumbling around looking for a direct link to the profile page yesterday. I wound up going the way of clicking on the username / opening the membercard / then clicking again on the username in the overlay, which finally brought me to the profile i was trying to get to in the first place..

It adds a hash to the URL that is a direct link to the post. Posts do not contain their own page or own links, so no reload is necessary.

I admit i was fumbling around looking for a direct link to the profile page yesterday. I wound up going the way of clicking on the username / opening the membercard / then clicking again on the username in the overlay, which finally brought me to the profile i was trying to get to in the first place..

That's the route I took.

Perhaps having the username link go to profile wouldn't be a bad thing instead of it opening the membercard, since the avatar within the overlay opens the member card already.

I would generally consider the link now to be sufficient. It's a pretty consistent approach across XenForo (at least in message-like content) and it's a common pattern in other web apps (Facebook).

I swear i clicked on everything but the time stamp... ive only been using XF from the beginning.. Some of my forum members have a hard time understanding "Upload a File" also includes image files.. lol getting them to click a date (with muted text no less) is going to prove futile.

I would generally consider the link now to be sufficient. It's a pretty consistent approach across XenForo (at least in message-like content) and it's a common pattern in other web apps (Facebook).
This is not a solution, innovate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom