XF 1.1 Gmail not receiving confirmation emails

Shark

When users sign up to my forum they never get the confirmation email (This is only gmail users, everyone else receives them) what could I do to fix this issue? Thanks for the help in advance!

Yeah they said it wont even come threw as spam, and i'm not sure I just got the server about a month ago and today is when my forum opened so this is the first time it's sent emails. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post my URL here so that you can test it for yourself. Is it okay to post a site URL here? Sorry i'm new!

Yeah they said it wont even come threw as spam, and i'm not sure I just got the server about a month ago and today is when my forum opened so this is the first time it's sent emails. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post my URL here so that you can test it for yourself. Is it okay to post a site URL here? Sorry i'm new!
Yes, please post the url here. There is nothing wrong in doing so (here's mine http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu )

No, I just opened everything today, the forum, the email accounts and the server was just setup like 3 days ago. I haven't messed with anything so i'm not sure why it's doing this. :(

No, I just opened everything today, the forum, the email accounts and the server was just setup like 3 days ago. I haven't messed with anything so i'm not sure why it's doing this. :(
http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

The IP to your site is on 1 blacklist, but that is not so much cause for a alarm. It was only 1 out of 77 (for a shared host, that isn't so bad).

Is there anything in your error logs?
How did you configure your e-mail for your site (control panel or manual setup)?
How did you configure your e-mail for XenForo?

I'm not on a shared host i'm on my own VPS so i'm not sure why i'd be on a black list...?

And it says "No errors have been logged."
I configured my email via cPanel.
It's the same email as the one for my site via cPanel webmail.

I'm not on a shared host i'm on my own VPS so i'm not sure why i'd be on a black list...?

Try this...

AdminCP > Email Options

Set to Default and uncheck the box that reads:

Set return path with -f parameter (recommended, but does not work on all servers)

This will plug-in the standard php e-mail command, bypassing your server mail (most compatible).

If it does not work... I can only "guess" the black list somehow is the issue. If it does work though, the vps maybe not setup correctly.

Yeah I had the box unchecked and now I just checked it. Even when I try to send emails from just my websites email it's not work (I probably should have checked before I started this) so I guess the VPS wasn't setup correctly i'm about to move providers I just have to find a good one as the one i'm with right now wont help me with anything even though it's "managed". Thanks for your help though! :)

From the look of that IP address.... It is not a dedicated IP. There are 5 other sites using it (one of them ughfollowers.com seems suspended and that "maybe" the one who sent out spam. Looking at the domain name... It could be a safe call on that)

Yeah I had the box unchecked and now I just checked it. Even when I try to send emails from just my websites email it's not work (I probably should have checked before I started this) so I guess the VPS wasn't setup correctly i'm about to move providers I just have to find a good one as the one i'm with right now wont help me with anything even though it's "managed". Thanks for your help though! :)
If you're looking for one that is in America, offers cPanel, and is fully managed and supported

Hawkhost.com would be a good bet

I highly recommend www.nimbushosting.co.uk. Great all-round support, and reliable hosting.

Top Bottom