• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Global RSS/XML Feed

R

ragtek

ATM XenForo have only RSS Feeds for forums but no global feed.

This Add-on creates a global Feed with the newest threads (including Permission check)

Install instructions:
Upload the files from the upload directory into your xenforo directory
Install the xml
Check the options ( ragtek Global Feed )
View attachment 10609

Changehistory:
Added Options to strip the bbcode and to limit the description:)
Changed the router.
The url to the feed is now /feeds/ (ragtekfeed is also available to not lose the visitors which are still using the old route;) )
New Option: Thread Limit (You can set up, how many threads should be shown in the feed)

If you upgrade from a version <= 1.4 Beta, you need to delete your whole library/Ragtek/Feed directory, before you reupload the new package.

Paypal Donations are always welcome.

Attachments

Weiyan

I already use this feed to dislpay latest thread in wp. In future upgrade, if add latest posts feed, latest member feeds with avatar etc. is very good.

R

ragtek

Yea it would be nice, but ATM i have the big problem with the timezone and i don't know how to solve it:(

F

Floris

Not with this bump :)

But seriously, very interested in having a default global xml for xenforo..

R

ragtek

is this topic dead? I see no activity here since some time.
No, it's not dead.
ATM i have 5 testers which said that it's working right (i wasn't sure if the permission check was working right, that's why i needed them)
Then i waited for the template hooks, because it's boring if you have a global feed which isn't linked^^
I'll try to implement this next week, then i'll release the first public version:)
thx for your patience

R

ragtek

OK, template hook implemention finished.
Sent out to the testers, waiting for there ok for the release tommorow^^