Ghost Blog

HoddzDJ

Hey guys.

I was just wondering, has anyone checked out the Ghost blogging platform? I was a backer of it on Kickstarter and have to say I am very impressed with it so far. It is currently ringing bells with when XenForo first started out, which can only be a good thing. I mean, look where XenForo is now!

If you're looking for a sleek blogging platform, it is well worth checking out.

I should point out, it runs on node.js so may not be good for everyone. Easy enough to run locally though, through BitNami (if you just wanna try it out quickly before you waste any time).

Cool project. No idea what node was until I read about the project a couple days ago. Still don't to be honest.

I checked out the site for a bit and I can't see proven blogs... so I checked a few pages, and gave up. I can't see how this is different from wordpress or any other establish blog platform.

I am not a backer of Ghost (was too late to realise its Kickstarter fundraising), but I do follow their development. I think it's a cool real "blog" since I do not really like the idea where Wordpress gone from "blog" to "CMS". I am waiting to go with their hosted platform instead of hosting it myself.

DEMO: http://blog.ghost.org/

What would be the benefit of this vs Wordpress ?

I'm already annoyed I can't get from
http://blog.ghost.org/
back to the homepage.
without using the back button.

I thought clicking this ultra annoying thing would work.

upload_2013-11-6_16-39-56.webp

It's nice, but its appeal is very limited due to them choosing to build it on Node.js - as it stands very few shared hosting environments support that. The guy that started it only seems interested in pushing their paid hosting service.

It's got a very elitist sense around it, not really something that attracts new people.

It's nice, but its appeal is very limited due to them choosing to build it on Node.js - as it stands very few shared hosting environments support that. The guy that started it only seems interested in pushing their paid hosting service.

It's got a very elitist sense around it, not really something that attracts new people.
It's biggest niche will be developers and designers, many of which have gotten fed up with Wordpress (especially in regards to commercial ventures).

Top Bottom