XenForo as a blog

Timelord_

Out of curiosity, is anyone running XenForo as a blogging platform? Similar to something like Wordpress, with the blog post being the first post under a subject. Hope that makes sense.

We've used the article forum format to create blog-ish forums for a couple members but have never gone further with that.

e.g. This one is our other admin reflecting on her cancer experience. It's basically finished though she occasionally updates after follow-up tests and such.

And our "Bible Passage of the Week" has a blog-like format with each thread kicked off by a post about the passage to be discussed, then the replies being discussion of that passage. However, I left it as a traditional discussion forum rather than using article format (though I certainly could have).

The add-on that is referred to above is User Blogs System. There is no need to start a conversation with him here.. simply go to his site (the link given) and register and you can post any pre-sales questions there.
He also has an articles system that may work better for you also, depending on exactly what you are wanting to offer.
As an aside... Bob's add-ons rock for extending XF to more than a simple forum. I have a large number of them in use on my current site.

Top Bottom