1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting data from a xml file.

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by arcaneex, Aug 27, 2012.

1. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

So I have a remove file, it looks something like this:
    <name status="exists">
    <name32>Daniel</name32>
    <name64>Scar</name64>
    <reputation>DONATOR,ADMIN,MOD</reputation>

</name>
    How how do I get all the data lines and store them in a variable for later use by any plugin or something?

2. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

I also have a json link , with the same info if it's any better than xml. Can anyone help?

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

4. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

5. Jake Bunce

6. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

7. Jake Bunce

8. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

I just redownloaded the plugin , and there's nothing besides the XML which creates everything.

9. Jake Bunce

What addon? And what template name? I will try to find it in the addon.

10. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

11. Jake Bunce

Ok that addon has you manually add the template include to the message_user_info template. I suggest making use of the "message_user_info_avatar" template hook which is directly above where you would add that include. That way you can create your own template_hook listener and call that template with its own params.

12. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

To be honest , I have no idea what you just said. You mind telling me the steps and what to put?

13. Jake Bunce

14. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

So if I understood correctly , I make a new template and include the template hook and my PHP file?I doubt anyone is able to do it for me if I request it , as its personal and can't be released later on.