XF 2.0 Getting Broken Links

Hi guys

We haven't changed a thing on our forum, but we seem to be getting broken links on all of our indexes, pages and individual threads. It comes back saying forum page doesn't exist.

I'm halfway through rebuilding caches to see if this helps.

Does anyone know what might cause this? It is reverting us back to our main wordpress page - As you can see the main URL is our forum

Attachments

• 1516280303815.webp
    1516280303815.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 13
Has this been resolved? I can load the URL in question without issue.

Normally, this would indicate that the .htaccess file in the forum directory is missing (or doesn't have the correct code in it).

Has this been resolved? I can load the URL in question without issue.

Normally, this would indicate that the .htaccess file in the forum directory is missing (or doesn't have the correct code in it).
It's been intermittent for the last couple of hours. Never had any problems before that. Sometimes it's loading and others it isn't

What web server are you using?

The only time we've seen this in the past, I believe it was IIS and it was randomly returning values in server variables using the wrong (and inconsistent) case (so usually "Forum" instead of "forum", despite nothing actually being called "Forum"). Unfortunately we really didn't have a way to fix it -- it was totally random. I believe we did come up with a config.php workaround though.

What web server are you using?

The only time we've seen this in the past, I believe it was IIS and it was randomly returning values in server variables using the wrong (and inconsistent) case (so usually "Forum" instead of "forum", despite nothing actually being called "Forum"). Unfortunately we really didn't have a way to fix it -- it was totally random. I believe we did come up with a config.php workaround though.
Ahh okay mate.

It's a Heart Internet VPN/Hybrid server

I'm afraid I'm at a loss. I assume this is Apache and this isn't something I've ever seen or heard of. Technically you can likely disable friendly URLs to workaround it.

If this suddenly appeared with no changes on your end (after working for a while), it may be worth seeing if anything changed on your host. For example, I don't know if they've introduced some sort of load balancer/reverse proxy system that may be involved.

I'm afraid I'm at a loss. I assume this is Apache and this isn't something I've ever seen or heard of. Technically you can likely disable friendly URLs to workaround it.

If this suddenly appeared with no changes on your end (after working for a while), it may be worth seeing if anything changed on your host. For example, I don't know if they've introduced some sort of load balancer/reverse proxy system that may be involved.
I disabled some add-ons and it seems to have stopped causing errors, but it's also 24 hours after it first happened. So i'll try installing addons one by one and seeing if they conflict. Thanks for your help.

I'm a little late to the party. I upgraded from 1.5.x up through the latest 2.2.x a few days ago and noticing my URL links within the site are broken. I do not have any addons installed. I'm checking for similar threads. Was a more certain break/fix eventually posted?

Update: The weird thing is some links (to other pages within my forums) are getting "install/index.php" added within the link after clicking it.

Update: It's my really old vb3 overrides via htaccess / showthread.php that broke. Is that still supported?

PS: I'm also constantly needing to allow myself back into my admin portal with TRUNCATE TABLE xf_login_attempt;

Last edited:
I found the new addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-redirects-for-vbulletin.6123/

This is now the only addon in my Xenforo 2.2.2. I removed showthread.php and that part of my .htaccess

Only part of the problem is solved.

The other big problem that I see a pre-existing links have subforum names in their URL's, and now the default seems to be /threads in the SEO friendly URL's. It seems redirecting /subforum to /threads is not working. I am trying a route filter but can't seem to get it right.

Any pointers? Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom