• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Getting a website name is hard

billybatz9

Need everyone's opinions....
I am looking to get a website name, but as you can tell.. Most of the ones I want are taken. Is it bad to "double the letter" at the end of the word?

yoursite.com is taken, so I'd try.... yoursitee.com

Idk, i just feel like it's hard to get good keywords in the url without this.

CyclingTribe

Hint: They're not good keywords if they are misspelled ... ;)

How about you tell us what the site is about - its purpose - its potential audience? Might give people more food for thought and get you some suggestions ... (y)

billybatz9

Oh yeah sure.

It's for a broad pet website.
I have care sheets for quite a few pets already. About 30 of them. and I want to put a forum for all pet users to use
Maybe later down the road put a classifieds so people can sell their stuff, maybe a gallery. Also, I will be making articles (pet-related)so people can learn new things and etc...

Those are just some ideas.

Thanks @Clickfinity

craigiri

I think you can always find a domain name....you just have to use some of the services like nameboy and then think about it hard.

The jury is out on whether a domain name really makes a big difference in SEO. After all, orbitz, kayak and many other sites have names which would never be SEO-worthy.

Shorter is always good, IMHO.

Here, for example, were the notes I worked with on my drone site naming:
dronerise.com

clubdrone.com

dronecamp.com

astrodrone.com

dronemeet.com

dronebooth.com

dronecafe.com

dronedeal.com

dronenuts.com

dronetopia.com

dronecrazy.com

dronehut.com

quadcoptertalk.com

multirotorchat.com

alldroneforum.com

flyadrone.com

multirotorinfo.com

rotorforum or rotorforums.com

bestrcforums or forum.com

equadrotor.com

rcquad.com

rcelectricforums.com

emultirotors.com

electricmultis

multirotor-rc

multirotorforo.com

multirotorchat.com

imultirotor.com

multirotordrone.com

multirotorplace.com

multirotorsite.com

multirotorbb.com

multirotorhome.com

rcmulti.com

billybatz9

Alright thanks for the posts guys.
@craigiri nice detailed post.

Do you think me doing a forum on such a broad category is bad?
I mean should I just stick to a niche?
What's better?

billybatz9

Thanks for the lookup Andy. I really appreciate that.
I am wondering if I should include the word forum or not though in the domain name. Since I will be having more things than just a forum.

craigiri

Forum is still a forum even with articles.....or, I've always used talk.

i.e. petcaretalk.com, etc.

Oh, don't use anything but .com if possible. No .net

Mike Edge

Formerly Da Bookie Mon
Oh, don't use anything but .com if possible. No .net
I have to disagree there, sure .com is better because people just use .com as default when trying to remember a site, but take us for example, we get great search engine results being a .net I know a site using .me that is out ranking the .com of the same niche.

craigiri

I have to disagree there, sure .com is better because people just use .com as default when trying to remember a site, but take us for example, we get great search engine results being a .net I know a site using .me that is out ranking the .com of the same niche.
Difference is, you ARE a network. IMHO, anyway.
I don't doubt that the SEO is the same, just that most users tend to think of regular informational sites as .com's.

AndyB

Thanks for the lookup Andy. I really appreciate that.
I am wondering if I should include the word forum or not though in the domain name. Since I will be having more things than just a forum.
The pet care industry is huge with lots of big websites. But do some research, are there any good pet forums? If not this might be a great opportunity and in that case use the word forum to make it very clear its a forum.