Get rid of confirmation for Mark All Read

mmoore5553

I have users that hate this and I do too as other software you mark read and then it does it. Is there a way to get rid of this confirmation and just to do it ? I have looked in mark read template and did not see anything there to make it just do it ?

I have users that hate this and I do too as other software you mark read and then it does it. Is there a way to get rid of this confirmation and just to do it ? I have looked in mark read template and did not see anything there to make it just do it ?
Not commenting on removing it, just stating that the reason they added a confirmation is because it is an action that you cannot reset. Once you mark things as read, you're not able to mark them unread, therefore if you misclick (As some people are apt to do) you have the ability to decide whether or not to confirm it or not.

yeah i know why they added it ...trust me i am all for it but a ton of my users would love to shut it off. Even if it is an option per user. Which i think would be great a per user option.

In the file

library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php
Around line 663, look for this

Code:
            // mark all forums read
            if ($this->isConfirmedPost())
            {

and change that to
Code:
            // mark all forums read
            if (true)
            {

That's it. You won't have a confirmation screen anymore.

i reckon there are too many confirmations full stop. logging out, subscribing, mark read, etc. it would be great to disable all the extra 'are you sure' clicks.

i reckon there are too many confirmations full stop. logging out, subscribing, mark read, etc. it would be great to disable all the extra 'are you sure' clicks.

The rule is the following:
If the operation is a "destructive" operation, then it should have a confirmation overlay. For example, marking all as read id destructive because you cannot "undo" it easily

The logout needed a confirmation box because in the iPhone, it was waaay to easy to just click on "Logout" and inadvertently logout from the site, a confirmation was introduced ...

Watching a thread... yeah, I might agree with getting rid of that one, it's annoying

Top Bottom