1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get rid of confirmation for Mark All Read

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by mmoore5553, Mar 3, 2012.

1. mmoore5553

mmoore5553 Well-Known Member

I have users that hate this and I do too as other software you mark read and then it does it. Is there a way to get rid of this confirmation and just to do it ? I have looked in mark read template and did not see anything there to make it just do it ?
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Not commenting on removing it, just stating that the reason they added a confirmation is because it is an action that you cannot reset. Once you mark things as read, you're not able to mark them unread, therefore if you misclick (As some people are apt to do) you have the ability to decide whether or not to confirm it or not.
    ragtek likes this.
  3. mmoore5553

yeah i know why they added it ...trust me i am all for it but a ton of my users would love to shut it off. Even if it is an option per user. Which i think would be great a per user option.
  4. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

In the file

Around line 663, look for this

// mark all forums read
                if ($this->isConfirmedPost())
    and change that to
                // mark all forums read
                if (true)

That's it. You won't have a confirmation screen anymore.
    mmoore5553 likes this.
  5. mmoore5553

hmmmmmmm odd this character looks familar . I will have to test it on my test board. Thanks and a freebie too woohoo <-- inside joke.
  6. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i reckon there are too many confirmations full stop. logging out, subscribing, mark read, etc. it would be great to disable all the extra 'are you sure' clicks.
  7. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

The rule is the following:
    If the operation is a "destructive" operation, then it should have a confirmation overlay. For example, marking all as read id destructive because you cannot "undo" it easily

The logout needed a confirmation box because in the iPhone, it was waaay to easy to just click on "Logout" and inadvertently logout from the site, a confirmation was introduced ...

Watching a thread... yeah, I might agree with getting rid of that one, it's annoying
  8. Keith

Keith Member

IN saying that, I too have been asked to get rid of the confirmations, it would be nice if there were a switch for it.