Right now when I get an email it doesn't send me another message until I visit the topic again. This is not the behaviour I want for a number of reasons
- I often get messages that I don't need to respond to. I just want to see them and delete the email without taking any further action.
- Especially messages such as "+1", "me too" or "thanks".
- It means that if I search my email for part of a conversation I may not find it because the message was not delivered to me.
- It is always a little unsure for me if I have successfully re-activated email notifications when I go back to the site.
- I need to check that I am logged in.
- I feel I need to wait a bit in case the notification is async after the page load.
- Do I need to be on the latest message in the thread?
- Basically there isn't really a good indication that emails have been "reactivated" so I am worried that I won't be notified if new messages come in.