It was the very first one I put together when JoyFreak was coming to live! The thing is with me is I get bored with the current theme and get a bit restless and want to work on something new. But I am happy with the current theme, it's clean, simple and straight to the point. I am hoping I stick with this one. Only time will tell haha.
I was wondering if having the moderation appeal section visible for guests is a good move. Maybe it serves as some sort of deterrent for trolls but it could also signal a heavy-handed moderation :-0

all that under 6 months? boi that's an overkill turns of work .. but i love that there are a lot of progress when it comes to user activities.

I was wondering if having the moderation appeal section visible for guests is a good move. Maybe it serves as some sort of deterrent for trolls but it could also signal a heavy-handed moderation :-0

Definitely the latter :).

all that under 6 months? boi that's an overkill turns of work .. but i love that there are a lot of progress when it comes to user activities.

Tell me about it haha.

Looks really great! Really shows the effort you put into your community/forums. You deserve members!

Thank you very much!

I like the dedication you are putting into your site. 99% of sites just think without work they can take off. You have probably the hardest niche in gaming and the dedication deserves respect.

But, not sure if your dedication should focus the design of the site this much. I mean, you have to move on at one point and focus on content. Style is the least important thing usually, if it is not outdated by 10 years.

Also, one more thing, I keep seeing this thread here and over on TAZ popping all the time. Sure, you want to share your latest update about your site and advertise your site. Nothing wrong with that. Except, I think you are targeting the wrong demographic. We all are website (forum) owners here. So, I am here (or on TAZ) for that matter. I come here for my forum. Everybody does come here for his forum. So, as a target audience, you are at the wrong place. You should push your site to the correct target audience. So places where gamers hang out. Of course nobody says admins can't be gamers but you will get more in return from a place with a lot of gamers than from a place filled with admins. Especially, when many of those admins own their own gaming forum :). So you are basically advertising to your competitions, which means wasted time and energy. Just saying :).

I like the dedication you are putting into your site. 99% of sites just think without work they can take off. You have probably the hardest niche in gaming and the dedication deserves respect.

But, not sure if your dedication should focus the design of the site this much. I mean, you have to move on at one point and focus on content. Style is the least important thing usually, if it is not outdated by 10 years.

Also, one more thing, I keep seeing this thread here and over on TAZ popping all the time. Sure, you want to share your latest update about your site and advertise your site. Nothing wrong with that. Except, I think you are targeting the wrong demographic. We all are website (forum) owners here. So, I am here (or on TAZ) for that matter. I come here for my forum. Everybody does come here for his forum. So, as a target audience, you are at the wrong place. You should push your site to the correct target audience. So places where gamers hang out. Of course nobody says admins can't be gamers but you will get more in return from a place with a lot of gamers than from a place filled with admins. Especially, when many of those admins own their own gaming forum :). So you are basically advertising to your competitions, which means wasted time and energy. Just saying :).

Thank you very much for your feedback! I totally agree with what you are saying. I’m not really expecting much from webmaster sites because of the reasons you mentioned above which are all totally valid! But it’s nice sometimes I get the occasional feedback from these websites! But with all that said, I have gained one of my best mods from this thread! They stumbled across this thread searching for a gaming forum.

Although I spend my time on the design, it actually only took me 3 days to achieve the latest 3 above themes as with my time and experience I improve. I have also dedicated myself to writing as much content as possible during the lockdown due to the amount of time I had off. I’m well aware content is far more important than the design! I just happen to enjoy working on the design side of things and play around when I’ve got the time!

We've upgraded to 2.2 RC 1 earlier today and ran into multiple problems but that was to be expected. After a few hours of fixing issues, updating add-ons and theme, JoyFreak is now fully functional under the new upgrade. We've also added the news page back, this time using XF's built-in thread article type. You can check out the page here https://www.joyfreak.com/news/

We've also added a dark theme that can now be accessed via clicking "Dark theme" in the footer of any page or via your preferences page. Please bear in mind that it's not fully finished yet but we figured it's time we made it available.

Last edited:
Wow! I'm impressed with the new look, specially with your article page. Couldn't visualize the potential of xf's new article feature until I saw wut you did with it. Very nice, joy :)

Wow! I'm impressed with the new look, specially with your article page. Couldn't visualize the potential of xf's new article feature until I saw wut you did with it. Very nice, joy :)
Thank you so much for your feedback. I didn't do much to it but I suppose it's what I did to the theme that made it look that way. Thanks again :)

Top Bottom